(OLD) (ARCHIVED) Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index (OLD) (ARCHIVED) Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

This forum can also be accessed as http://oldforum.puppylinux.com
It is now read-only and serves only as archives.

Please register over the NEW forum
https://forum.puppylinux.com
and continue your work there. Thank you.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 19 Oct 2020, 22:19
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
uPupBB 32 | Geany shrunk to drag-bar
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
LNSmith

PostPosted: Wed 15 Apr 2020, 19:02    Post subject:  uPupBB 32 | Geany shrunk to drag-bar
Subject description: Geany vanished - but not necessarily a bug

G'day All,

A concise description of what happened:

(1) Working with uPupBB(32) - editing a small file with Geany.
(2) Rolled the scroll-wheel (on the mouse)
(3) Geany "disappeared" - or more precisely vanished so I could only see the drag/location bar (and 3 orange/green/red control buttons).
(4) Panic. Nothing I can do appears to restore the file (or the save menu)
(5) After some time, on the bar at the bottom of the screen, I noticed I could 'maximize Y' (for Geany). Figured 'X/Y' referred to Window size. Did that.
(6) Bingo! Everything came good. Saved file. Made the sign of the cross. Drank coffee. Went to bed happy. That's life.

Comment: I suspect this is NOT a bug, but perhaps. I suspect that the mouse pointer was 'somewhere' and I invoked an action that is there by design.
I cannot reproduce the problem.
I would not like others to experience this problem. My escape came from (a) luck and (b) knowing there is often a work-around and looking.
My system is working well. Very weil. Only recent prob with system: Light Browser ties itself in a knot. I can tell when this happens bec. (1) mouse pointer hesitates (2) CPU fan speed increases. When I kill 'Light" fan speed drops. (This is NOT the bug of interest here. Don't tell me about light.)

Reason for report: So others don't lose work. This (for me) is a once-only problem and I don't give a damn about it.

Leslie in AU.

My system; uPupBB-32 - BionicPup32 19.03 JWM v2.3.7 : xwin jwm
My hardware: P4 from about 2005 + 2GiB RAM. Cheap mouse.
Motherboard Vendor: Intel Corporation.
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Running at the time: LXTerminal, ROX (2 copies) Geany (maybe Light plus other trivia).
ozsouth

PostPosted: Wed 15 Apr 2020, 19:19    Post subject:  

Les, this sounds like shading - if you hover over the title bar of a program & scroll, it 'rolls up' the window so only the title bar is left. If this is your problem, must edit /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc , adding noshade option as per picture in post below, then run fixmenus in a terminal & restart X.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1044258#1044258
LNSmith

PostPosted: Wed 15 Apr 2020, 19:49    Post subject: Geany shrunk to drag-bar
Subject description: Probably solution - shading - see prev. posting.

Hello Oz-south:

Quote:
Les, this sounds like shading - if you hover over the title bar of a program & scroll ...

I believe you have it. I'm run off my legs at the moment, but I'll try your solution soon. Thanks for the info.

I have (to some extent) resisted the idea of changing Puppy's general set-up. My goal is to 'use' Puppy not modify it. The genius of Puppy is small size and easy (almost instant) installation. I can re-install the system when/if it needs updating). Also, Puppy appears to be very stable. The genius of Windows is to be 'all things to all men' but that has a price too. I can do things with Puppy I can't do with Windows. End of rant.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to: