EasyPup version 2.3.1, released June 6, 2020

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Terry H

#161 Post by Terry H »

mistfire wrote:@Rogebe

It seems gtkdialog or gtk in Easy OS have problem on rendering spin button that's why psynclient does not work

I don't know what the spin button is, however psynclient works without issue for me in easypup 2.3. Altering the touchpad sensitivity in my laptop is one of the first things I look at in a new install.

foxpup

/home

#162 Post by foxpup »

At boot there is an error about line 37 in /usr/bin/xwin.
cd /home
/home does not exist.

mistfire

#163 Post by mistfire »

Terry H wrote:
mistfire wrote:@Rogebe

It seems gtkdialog or gtk in Easy OS have problem on rendering spin button that's why psynclient does not work

I don't know what the spin button is, however psynclient works without issue for me in easypup 2.3. Altering the touchpad sensitivity in my laptop is one of the first things I look at in a new install.
spinbutton is an textbox which allows to enter numbers only. There is something wrong with gtkdialog or gtk on easy os

BarryK
Puppy Master

#164 Post by BarryK »

EasyPup 2.3.1 is released:

https://bkhome.org/news/202006/easyos-a ... p-231.html

There are still some outstanding bugs, will tackle those soon.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

Rogebe

#165 Post by Rogebe »

At Mistfire.

Ok there is something wrong with gtkdialog or gtk on easy os but for Terry it's Ok ?

Rogebe

foxpup

#166 Post by foxpup »

Rogebe wrote:At Mistfire.

Ok there is something wrong with gtkdialog or gtk on easy os but for Terry it's Ok ?

Rogebe
Don't forget I have it on Fossapup as well.

lp-dolittle

Easypup 2.3.1

#167 Post by lp-dolittle »

@ Barry

Hi Barry,

aware that you did not promise full support for Easypup, I tested some features of Easypup 2.3.1 and would like to mention the following observations:

At bootup, Easypup 2.3.1 spontaneously offers to load save files of previous frugal Easypup installations (e.g. easypup 2.14; easypup 2.16), apart from a 0 (zero) option.

There is no Easydd icon in the Menu-list.

Right mouse button-klicking onto an *.img.gz or *.iso file results in an error message (screenshot 1), but a functional Easydd GUI can be launched via sakura (screenshot 2).

This GUI seems to be equivalent to the EasyOS 2.3.1 Easydd GUI despite looking somewhat differently (screenshot 3).

The Gparted and the fdisk information about the boot drive (sdb; external IDE HD) are showing confusing differences (e.g. MB/GB per partition). The boot drive (prepared via Easydd) has an MBR as well as a GPT partition table (hybrid iso partition). (screenshots 4, 5, 9 and 10).

The drive icons sdb1 and sdb2 prove to be inversed, as compared to EasyOS standard (screenshot 6).

Deleting the GPT does not seem to affect the funtionality of Easypup 2.3.1.

At first shutdown Easypup 2.3.1 offers misleading save options and wrong information. (scrennshots 7; sceenshot 8)

kind regards
Attachments
Screenshot 1.png
(92.63 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Screenshot 2.png
(88.01 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Screenshot 3.png
(114.45 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Screenshot 4.png
(82.42 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Screenshot 5.png
(103.05 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Screenshot 6.png
(112.57 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Screenshot 7.png
(88.58 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Screenshot 8.png
(90.26 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Screenshot 9.png
(76.7 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Screenshot 10.png
(82.12 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

BarryK
Puppy Master

#168 Post by BarryK »

I posted some thoughts about the future of EasyPup:

https://bkhome.org/news/202006/easypup- ... urner.html
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

ras

#169 Post by ras »

Hi Barry,

The world is full of new possibilities, but at my age, sometimes I have to keep telling myself, "no new projects", and can understand your prioritizing. Thanks for all you do with your puppy of choice.
BTW, I'm still running a pyro frugal install regularly for its singular intended purpose. once set up to my specs, it keeps on ticking....
RAS

thinkpadfreak

#170 Post by thinkpadfreak »

Hi, Barry,

I have been using EasyPup since version 2.2.7. As I use EasyPup 2.3.1, I am fairly satisfied with it, though there may be some room for improvements.
I use "official" Puppies such as Xenialpup64 and Bionicpup64, but I often use EasyPup now because of its classical taste. (I am a Puppy user since Puppy 4.1.2) I understand that EasyPup is not a Puppy in its strict sense.

All I can do to EasyPup is to make a Japanese language pack. I do not know how many people are using Japanized EasyPup, but the thread in the Puppy Linux Japanese Forum seems to be relatively popular.

EasyPup (Buster64-based)
https://sakurapup.browserloadofcoolness ... =26&t=3471

Argolance

#171 Post by Argolance »

Bonjour,
Making tests running the latest 2.3.1 version of EasyPup (thank you for it!), I noticed something strange.
  • - I successfully compiled a program (:arrow: xkb-switch) from source and using the devx sfs files, successfully installed it from pet package I built but it doesn't seems to be present on the system which complains it doesn't exist. Browsing to the place where it should be shows it is indeed not here.
    - If I copy on the fly a program like yad 0.40 for example to replace the 0.39 current version directly to /usr/bin, then system says yad doesn't exist. Ditto for Rox-Filer...
    - I tried to load a SFS on the fly but didn't find sfs_load, only French locale files. I might have missed something?
    - The network icon says I am not connected when I am connected and vice-versa, and during manipulations, I get 2 or 3 icons in the system tray.
Cordialement.

puppyluvr

#172 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
I was quite touched to find the first program I ever created included in the menu, even though it's obsolete now!
Thanks BK!
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...