No driver for Verizon AirPrime 5220 wifi card in 2.14?

drewmeister

No driver for Verizon AirPrime 5220 wifi card in 2.14?

#1 Post by drewmeister »

I have been using the Verizon Wireless AirPrime 5220 1xEV-DO PC Card with Puppy 2.0.1 since last summer (about August I think) and it's great. BUT it doesn't work with any Puppy version after that.

What is lacking is the usb-ohci driver module. When I try to load it manually using modprobe the module can not be found. I read in the release notes that a lot of modules are in zdrv_214.sfs and it is on the CD, it was in the ISO file.

Is the driver module usb-ohci in zdrv_214.sfs? How does one tell modprobe about it? If it ain't in there, what must I do to get it? Perhaps I should ask what changed between ver 2.10 and 2.0.1?

Am I even on the right track? This wireless broadband (really narrowband) is working out great since the storm. I am thinking of this as a simple solution exercise, just gotta find out how to do it. Hope that's the way it work out. :^)

drewmeister

How to make usb-ohci driver load at boot?

#2 Post by drewmeister »

I'll try a different question.

How does one force a module to load?
I really need usb-ohci.

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#3 Post by Béèm »

I looked in the Network Wizard for 2.15CE and didn't find a driver for your config.
I don't know who is responsible for drivers not included, Barry maybe.
You could sign up for the developer's forum http://www.puppyos.net/forum/ and ask there.