How to have function keys like Fatdog's for Finlandia?

Using applications, configuring, problems
pulmac

How to have function keys like Fatdog's for Finlandia?

#1 Post by pulmac »

I found out that using the FatDog 512 I have the special function keys on my laptop working perfectly ( like Fn+F6/F7 to control LCD broghtness .. ) is there a package I can get for Finlandia to do the same thing ?
SFR

#2 Post by SFR »

Hi pulmac.

I have Toshiba L505-138 and Lupu-528.
Those keys you've mentioned (Fn+F6/F7) work for me without any special additions, but... I can't make Fn+F8 (WiFi) to work.
Did you try this one within FatDog?
And what's your Toshiba model (with or without hardware WiFi switch)?

Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]
pulmac

Toshiba laptop

#3 Post by pulmac »

I have a satellite A215-s5818. Wireless network card is ATHEROS 5007EG, the Fn+F8 doesn't seem to work but I have no problems with the wireless connection, so, I'm not worried about that Fn+F6 and Fn+F7 to control the LCD brightness do not work either and sometimes I'm using the computer late at night and it is so bright that I have problems focusing :s I'd like to have the chance of changing the brigthness, It works on FatDog but I just cant find the way it is doing it :(
SFR

#4 Post by SFR »

I've searched for a long time the answer why Toshiba's FN keys behave so strange in linux... I never found clear explanation..

To adjust screen brightness:
Menu->Setup->Xorg Video Wizard->Monitor gamma calibration.
Negative values to decrease brightness, positive to increase.

Hope, this will help.

BTW: WiFi works for me too, but I'm just unable to control turning it on/off.

Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]
pulmac

FATDOG

#5 Post by pulmac »

I still wondering what piece of software is in the FatDog64 that I can use the Fn keys to change the brightness, I'll try to research in the next few days.