How to compile bkhive and samdump2 in Puppy?

Using applications, configuring, problems
jaycryptoalpha

How to compile bkhive and samdump2 in Puppy?

#1 Post by jaycryptoalpha »

Hello,

I have been using puppy linux 5.2.8 for a while now. I recently tried to use the application "bkhive" and "samdump2". When I used the terminal for command 'make', for the maker file of bkhive, it ran and so when I try to use the command 'bkhive' within the terminal, I get the syntax "sh:bkhive:command not found". Do you guys have any clue on how to install and maneuver this application? I could really use the help FAST! This is time-sensitive. Any instructions would help.

Thanks

starhawk

#2 Post by starhawk »

Those are Windows-cracking utilities. I really don't think we should be supporting those. Perhaps you should just try using Puppy instead of Windows for a while? ;)

If it's not for you there's plenty of other Linuces out there...

jaycryptoalpha

#3 Post by jaycryptoalpha »

Do you have any idea on how to extract a windows hash from the windows 'SAM' file within puppy linux? Essentially, that is what I am trying to do using puppy linux

starhawk

#4 Post by starhawk »

Dude, trying to hack Windows isn't cool. That stuff's there for a reason, and MS will come after you in some nasty way if they catch you smashing glass ;)

If you need to access Windows files from Puppy, just mount the drive and it's your proverbial oyster. If you need to run Windows programs in Puppy, version2013 can get you set up with WINE.

If you need a free OS, well, you're in the right place. I'm using X-Slacko as my daily driver and it rocks like a boulder on a mountain ;)

mikeb

#5 Post by mikeb »

As for cracking no comment but for a generic answer to the query

when compiling a program you need
make install
after make ...that will place the final files in place

mike

jaycryptoalpha

#6 Post by jaycryptoalpha »

Thank you Mike, yes I was trying to figure how do you install or compile a program in puppy