Studio 13.37 v2.1

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
l0wt3ch

Studio 13.37 v2.1

#1 Post by l0wt3ch »

2.1 is out!

Adding to what was new in V2, 2.1 has the following changes:
  • •New modular design lowers system requirements - only need 512 mb of RAM - and faster boot times
    •Updated packages, including latest JACK2 with NetJack support, ALSA, Audacity, Firefox, Guitarix, Hydrogen, LMMS, Mixxx, MuseScore, MuSE, the NON suite of apps, Qjackctl, and Qtractor
    •Added shortcut for Multiple Sound Card Wizard to the dock for the convenience of new users
    •Replaced Flash plugin with PepperFlash (thanks watchdog) - fixes annoying "outdated Flash" Firefox complaints on Linux
    •And more!
Updates available for existing users, PM me for more info. :)

ciento

#2 Post by ciento »

Looks like a great update. 8) There's been a lot of interest in the linux U-he
synth/fx plugin ports, and the bitwig linux DAW. The requirements for them seem to be gtk 3.x, and glibc 2.15, for u-he, and for bitwig, 64 bits, and lib xcb with -iccm and -wm variants.

Supposedly, nightly builds of Ardour3, and qtractor 6.4, work with the all of the u-he creations. Alien has been used to make fedora rpms
of the bitwig .deb, and I used one to get it working in 64 bit pclinuxos, so there is a chance an alien-created slackware package might work in 1337 at some point. I sadly admit, to not having peeked at the contents of /usr/lib very much, what ain't broke around here don't get's much inspections for fixins :lol:
Hope you're surviving the holidays, and polar vortexi! I've got wood on the fire, cold winds scheduled for the morning...

l0wt3ch

#3 Post by l0wt3ch »

Cheers ciento. There's a PM in your inbox that's been there for like 6 months!

Hey, did you know that bitwig costs $300? That's 6 times the cost of Studio 13.37...

ciento

#4 Post by ciento »

:oops: OK, caught up on the PM :oops:

Thanks for the Yoshimi.pet! Maybe you could write up or suggest a step-by-step guide to compile an app for the puppy studios?

(edit: found some good generic slackware compiling tutorials,
I'll see how far they go in the studio)

Looks like it already has most of the goods for the more modern softwares.
A Puppy Studio with Bitwig for $350? Not bad. Throw in a few hundred
for U-he Zebra, and discoDSP Discovery Pro, and you'd have a beast mode workstation for the price of a rusty old ford. They take a lot of cpu, so the
RT puppy may be the optimum environment to run them in.
Cheers

l0wt3ch

#5 Post by l0wt3ch »

Just a couple of things. First, here's a CUPS package that fixes issues with printing.

And here's the latest WINE-rt. (You might need this, as well.)

ciento

#6 Post by ciento »

Thanks for the new wine pet! Hope the winter hasn't been too brutal,
unless you love cross-country skiing, and hot drinks after. :)
I'm saving up for a used 2nd-gen motherboard, to give
more superpowers and breathing room to the 1337 Studio.
The new wine might get Rhino and Headcase gui's working smoothly,
if I'm lucky.
Cheers