My appreciation for all contributors who reply to posts

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Relztrah

My appreciation for all contributors who reply to posts

#1 Post by Relztrah »

I want to give my sincere gratitude to all seasoned Puppy users who reply to posts from us newbies on this forum. I recently asked what I thought was a reasonable question on another Linux user forum (yes, in the newbie section) and was made to feel like a total idiot from the respondents. One reply was downright demeaning.

Needless to say, from now on I'll limit my queries to this forum where I find genuine assistance even though I am ignorant of most Puppy features and operations.

Galbi

#2 Post by Galbi »

And thanks you for mentioning.

We are all newbies, depending on who we compare with.

Saludos.
Remember: [b][i]"pecunia pecuniam parere non potest"[/i][/b]

tallboy

#3 Post by tallboy »

I just do what others did to me when I joined! That's is one of the things that makes this forum so great. :D

tallboy
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

Bindee

#4 Post by Bindee »

Great until some dumbass tells you to use search. :P

Mike Walsh

#5 Post by Mike Walsh »

I absolutely agree with Galbi.

It doesn't matter how long you've been at this game. We are all 'newbies'; but some of us have, perhaps, a wee bit more idea of what we're doing..!

My motto is 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you'. I've always been made to feel welcome on the Puppy Forums.....even when, as a very new Puppy user, I was asking questions that must have seemed screamingly obvious to some of the more seasoned 'veterans'.

I take the view that I, in my turn, and as I gain more experience in what I do, will do my best to give assistance and encouragement to others. Puppy is by far and away the best lightweight distro I've ever had the pleasure to use (and a lot of fun, too!).....and the Forum members are (for the most part!) very friendly, and extremely helpful; willingly giving of their time, and experience, and sharing tips, tweaks, 'cures', workarounds.....and SO much more.

(It's why I started the BitMeter OS thread in 'Networking'; to share an app I'd discovered about a year ago, in the hope that others might find it useful too. They did; 666philb, the developer of Tahrpup, appears to have been impressed enough to add it to Tahrpup's 'Quickpet'. I'm quite chuffed!)

As tallboy says; 'That's what makes this forum so great!'
Bindee wrote:Great until some dumbass tells you to use search. :razz:
There's always one, old son.....! :roll: :lol:

Mike. :wink:
Last edited by Mike Walsh on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

cthisbear

#6 Post by cthisbear »

" Bindee wrote:
Great until some dumbass tells you to use search. :razz:"

" There's always one, old son.....! :roll: :lol: "

""""""""""

Just so you two know....

I've never been nice....never been kissed...not even twice.
It's a gift.

Cheers....Chris.

Kai

#7 Post by Kai »

>>I want to give my sincere gratitude to all seasoned Puppy users who reply to posts from us newbies on this forum. I recently asked what I thought was a reasonable question on another Linux user forum (yes, in the newbie section) and was made to feel like a total idiot from the respondents. One reply was downright demeaning.

>>Needless to say, from now on I'll limit my queries to this forum where I find genuine assistance even though I am ignorant of most Puppy features and operations.

Sad to say i am not getting the same experience as you in one of these threads

very mixed results