Puppy's big problem with woof and woof CE

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
oui

#141 Post by oui »

musher0 wrote:Puppy. How about a boot loader that cannot boot all other Puppies? Would that qualify as a deterrent? Please see here.
pls read precedent msg (it was the reason why I did try to start the old CD's)!

the very very old iso's from BK continue to start willing.

error from woof or error from the developer?

I also find wrong don't to use the "UNIFIED" loader (that word stay in the acronym GRUB) that really all great Linux distributions use and I also would prefer to encourage unity of middle if those middle are reasonable... But I am Puppyist since 2003 and as the Puppy community did decide grub4dos I use it until a new full installation from an other great distributor will erase it without I can do somewhat opposite without to have the risk to loose the new installation :idea: .

those manipulations are NOT GOOD for the MBR of our harddisks. The decision of the Puppy community here is an error...

Smithy

#142 Post by Smithy »

Wow, 20mb Puppy, you got some links to those early Puppies Oui?
Could be a fun little Puppy, sort of like BrowserLinux.

oui

#143 Post by oui »

I don't know some download point any more, only my old damaged CD (never used but always unprotected since 2003! In 2003 I did use directly 0.24, only a bit bigger, but its condition is more worse).

I also have yet the extrem tiny release from MU coming very later at the time of releases 1.x or 2.x (10 MB with a good browser; MU did also make a 7 MB version, it did work but was not as well...).