Songbird - Music player, with Gstreamer

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Dark_Fire

#21 Post by Dark_Fire »

Hey, Thanks for the packages!

Are you gonne update them anytime soon?

GStreamer Core 0.10.20 vs 0.10.13
GStreamer Base 0.10.20 vs 0.10.13
GStreamer Good 0.10.9 vs 0.10.5
GStreamer Bad 0.10.8 vs 0.10.4
GStreamer Ugly 0.10.8 vs 0.10.6
liboil 3.15 vs 3.12
songbird 0.61 vs 0.5

If you do ill see if I can mirror your packages for you... Dont have allot of BW, but got a few I dont use... :)

Thanks again...

SirDuncan

Upgraded to 0.6.1

#22 Post by SirDuncan »

Your welcome Dark_Fire. At your request Upgraded to 0.6.1!

Given that I packaged and posted it today, I obviously haven't given it a thorough testing, but it seemed to be working fine on Puppy 4.00 Dingo.

I hadn't planned on upgrading the GStreamer libs until Songbird stopped working with them or they were needed for some other app, because they are difficult to get working. If you need them, I will try to find time to package them.
Be brave that God may help thee, speak the truth even if it leads to death, and safeguard the helpless. - A knight's oath

Dark_Fire

#23 Post by Dark_Fire »

WOW! That was seriously fast...

Ill see when I can mirror it for you. Didn't expect you to reply this quick. hehe.

SirDuncan

#24 Post by SirDuncan »

I had been meaning to update it for a while, you just gave me the impetus I needed to actually do it.

Mark has mirrored the 0.6.1 package, so don't feel any pressure to mirror it. You can if you want - more mirrors are always a good thing - but it's not anything that needs done right away.
Be brave that God may help thee, speak the truth even if it leads to death, and safeguard the helpless. - A knight's oath

jojonouvo

#25 Post by jojonouvo »

Hello, I followed your instructions and got:

Code: Select all

# ./songbird 
./songbird: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/Songbird/xulrunner/libxul.so: undefined symbol: g_once_init_enter_impl
Any hint?

esmourguit

#26 Post by esmourguit »

Bonjour à tous,
Downloded 0.6.1 and all pet's packages needed, and it works very well (Puppy 4.1 alpha7, translated in french).
And no need web browser anymore, there is one inside.
I write this post from it.
Cordialement ;)
[url=http://moulinier.net/][color=blue][b]Toutou Linux[/b][/color][/url] - [url=http://toutoulinux.free.fr/pet.php][color=blue][b]Paquets français[/b][/color][/url]

SirDuncan

#27 Post by SirDuncan »

jojonouvo wrote:Hello, I followed your instructions and got:

Code: Select all

# ./songbird 
./songbird: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/Songbird/xulrunner/libxul.so: undefined symbol: g_once_init_enter_impl
Any hint?
It looks like something is wrong with XUL, which is an internal part of Songbird. If Songbird installed correctly, there shouldn't be any problem. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

Out of curiosity, what version of Puppy are you using? It is possible that XUL doesn't like the version of glibc that you're using, but that is unlikely unless it is a much older Puppy. I have tested the package in 4.00 and I believe it should work in 3.xx, but anything older may have issues. If that is the problem, I can try to figure out what needs done to make it work in the version you are using.

I am moving tomorrow, so I may be unresponsive until Sunday.
esmourguit wrote:Bonjour à tous,
Downloded 0.6.1 and all pet's packages needed, and it works very well (Puppy 4.1 alpha7, translated in french).
And no need web browser anymore, there is one inside.
I write this post from it.
Cordialement ;)
Bonjour! Je suis heureux d'apprendre que ça marche pour vous.

esmourguit

#28 Post by esmourguit »

Bonjour à tous,

@ SirDuncan,
Merci beaucoup, et j'ajoute que vous écrivez dans un excellent français.
Cordialement ;)
[url=http://moulinier.net/][color=blue][b]Toutou Linux[/b][/color][/url] - [url=http://toutoulinux.free.fr/pet.php][color=blue][b]Paquets français[/b][/color][/url]

jojonouvo

#29 Post by jojonouvo »

Thank you for your help sirduncan.
I did the reinstall and it still said dependencies were missing for xulrunner and didn't run..
My puppy is version 3 translated in French.

SirDuncan

#30 Post by SirDuncan »

jojonouvo wrote:Thank you for your help sirduncan.
I did the reinstall and it still said dependencies were missing for xulrunner and didn't run..
My puppy is version 3 translated in French.
I loaded up a fresh version of 3.01 and installed Songbird. It gives the same error here, so it is not something specific to the French version. Unfortunately, the error message doesn't give any clue as to what is wrong.

I should have some free time this weekend, so I will try to compile it from scratch on a 3.01 install. That should fix the dependencies or at least tell me what they are.

Je suis désolé que je n'ai pas immédiatement un correctif.

SirDuncan

#31 Post by SirDuncan »

I have thus far been unable to compile Songbird for you, because I'm having trouble checking out the source with SVN. First I found that Puppy was missing a lib required by SVN and now I'm getting some trouble about not allowing SSL. I'm going to install Ubuntu and see if I can get SVN working correctly on it and download the source that way. Then I will compile in 3.01 for you.

recycler

Hurray for Songbird!

#32 Post by recycler »

Well, I looked for a music player like this some weeks ago. Even tried running (sort of successfully) winamp under wine until I decided that was just silly. and I've been using VLC.

But this is GREAT. I read about songbird for the first time this morning in some tech news. Then - synchronicity be praised - looking in the additional software thread I found this thread.

Followed your instructions exactly and now have my music library available (I use a second internal hard drive for music and photos and it scanned that no problem) and the beat goes on.

I use puppy a lot to play music so really appreciate having this application available :)
[i][quote] [/quote]
[/i]Puppy 412 and 430

jojonouvo

#33 Post by jojonouvo »

SirDuncan wrote:I have thus far been unable to compile Songbird for you, because I'm having trouble checking out the source with SVN. First I found that Puppy was missing a lib required by SVN and now I'm getting some trouble about not allowing SSL. I'm going to install Ubuntu and see if I can get SVN working correctly on it and download the source that way. Then I will compile in 3.01 for you.
Thank you for all your hard work!

aragon

#34 Post by aragon »

@SirDuncan

hi sir,

you might try your songbird-package with my xulrunner from here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=33975

if the xulrunner-part in songbird is in a subdir you could simply try replacing the subdir with a symlink to the xulrunner-1.9 which installs to /usr/lib/xulrunner.

cheers
aragon

SirDuncan

#35 Post by SirDuncan »

Sorry this is taking so long. It took me a while to get the source code, and by then it was time for midterm exams and projects. I finally finished my last project on Tuesday and exams finished up last week, so I got a chance to try compiling it yesterday. Unfortunately, Songbird does not appear to use a normal "./configure make make install" compilation method. I can't even figure out what it uses. I tried to find a guide for compiling it, but I couldn't.

So I decided to try and convert the Slackware package to a DotPet. Puppy 3 is supposed to be Slackware compatible, after all. Of course, the Slackware package has the same XUL error.

Next I will try to use Aragon's XUL, but it was compiled for Puppy 4, so I don't know if it will work. If it doesn't, then I'm going to try to get compilation directions on the Songbird forum.

Again, I'm sorry this is taking so long. I just got really busy and this is not being cooperative.

aragon

#36 Post by aragon »

hi sir,
lost my memory somewhere, but if i remember right, i didn't have compiled, i repackaged and upxed an existing from
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla ... /runtimes/

so your chances might be good.

good luck with your exams
aragon

SirDuncan

#37 Post by SirDuncan »

Well, I never did get Songbird 0.7.0 to run under 3.xx, but I noticed that a release candidate 3 for Songbird 1.0.0 was available. I tried it and found that it worked with 3.xx without any work. So I packaged it up and went to upload it to my university webspace. Unfortunately, I found that I didn't have enough room left (the university limits me to 50mb). While I was looking for a place to upload it, my brother informed that 1.0.0 final was out. I was just starting to package that, when I saw that Aragon has already packaged it at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 8d1c43dde4.

So go there to get the current version.

hamoudoudou

I want exaile from the PPM

#38 Post by hamoudoudou »

Slacko is real poorness. I want exaile from the PPM and does not work.
Songbird is an alternative, said to work in france.

Pelo

songbird without trouble on Puppy nitefluxbox

#39 Post by Pelo »

songbird without trouble on Puppy nitefluxbox for spanish speaking fans.
Slacko is for computing, if you need Puppy for amusement only, after a long and hard day at the office, don't choose Slacko !
Note : the topic date 2007
some people will disagree using these old applications ! use a background and svg ardis icons from Slacko 6.3.0 to please compilers.
Don't mind, listen to the music, and let them compile puppies, à la queue leu leu (see google translate)
Clementine is available too in Puppy nitefluxbox in the multimedia menu.
I prefer songbird.
Attachments
songbird.jpg
Songbird old player for my old songs
(110.42 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 19 Aug 2017, 16:29, edited 2 times in total.

Pelo

Found that a limit is set to the cache. Default 52M

#40 Post by Pelo »

"Found that a limit is set to the cache. Default 52M, which I reduced to 10M to avoid problems.
But when streaming that Belgian station, why is caching to be used?
I use again streamtuner, which just renders without caching.
"
Béem

"I may maintain it as long as my course load allows and there is interest in the project. Now that I have Gstreamer working, it should not be hard to keep a fairly up to date copy of Songbird in a DotPet. After all, they provide a pre-compiled binary for it on the Songbird page, I just have to make it into a DotPet."

I thank all of you for your interest :) times are changin, Bob Dylan
2016 : different ways to boot Puppy is a main subject.. to boot towards... the néant,

Fonctionnalités Songbird

Fonctionnalités présentes

Lecture des formats Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV et FLAC pour toutes les plateformes, ainsi que AAC pour les Mac et WMA pour Windows
Personnalisation de l’interface
Gestion de bibliothèque musicale
Support de 39 langues
Navigateur web
Mixeur
Recherche locale de fichiers multimédia
Affichage réduit
Intégration d’un plug-in pour Last.fm
Extensions
Onglets pour la navigation web
Système de mise à jour

Fonctionnalités prévues

Multi-tâches
Gestion de CD dont gravure
Gestion de baladeur OGG Vorbis (*.ogg), FLAC (*.flac), MP3 (*.mp3)
Gestion de la vidéo
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 19 Aug 2017, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.