Does anyone else feel like this about music?

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
starhawk

#201 Post by starhawk »

Thanks, roky! You inspired me to look on eBay and I found one for even cheaper... just over $5, shipping included. I'm buying it right now...

bugman-2.0

#202 Post by bugman-2.0 »

I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and only this would do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rpBUD0hjaI

And I'm a teenager again.

backi

#203 Post by backi »

Yea bugman-2.0 ...

Thats really cool.....

Those were the days ..... yes they were ...
Blessings !

Fossil

#204 Post by Fossil »

Hello bugman-2.0. It's good to hear from you! :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#205 Post by Flash »

Master Jack. Or did I already say that?

nic007

#206 Post by nic007 »

Flash wrote:Master Jack. Or did I already say that?
Proudly South African. 8)

nic007

#207 Post by nic007 »

I have all the billboard 100 hits from 1946 to 2007. Although a child of the late seventies/ early eighties, I have to say the 60's were the best in terms of pure quality music. It's amazing how many of those older classics are remakes today (mostly not as good as the original anyway). I reckon most "pop" music post 1995 is generally crap. Everything has gone downhill since this silly rapping started imho

Fossil

#208 Post by Fossil »

I have to say the 60's were the best in terms of pure quality music. It's amazing how many of those older classics are remakes today (mostly not as good as the original anyway). I reckon most "pop" music post 1995 is generally crap. Everything has gone downhill since this silly rapping started imho
Here! Here! Well said that man! Although I do also like the sound of the Thirties and Forties.

nic007

#209 Post by nic007 »

..and some of those recordings in the 60's were excellent too. Petula Clark's downtown is a prime example. That song is 50 years old now and sounds as if it was recorded today with modern equipment. Excellent song and quality.

nitehawk

#211 Post by nitehawk »

Flash wrote:Master Jack. Or did I already say that?
Ahh,.. I used to love playing my record album of "Three Jacks and a Jill" the winter of '73 when I was up in Missoula, Montana,...and was snowed-in.

And @rokytnji..

"Spirit in the Sky" is one I STILL like.

I am making a collection now, of really OLD stuff ("oldie, but goodies") from the "Internet Archives". Stuff that is so old, that it is now considered in the "public domain". I find that the blues and jazz from the 1920's through the 40's is some pretty good stuff. Even found a rare, live recording of the Alman Brothers ("You Better Come on Into My Out house"). Good stuff.

rokytnji

#212 Post by rokytnji »

Windy

Doing the 61 year kick start shuffle tomorrow on my 73 XLCH .
This is one of the songs on my Black Berry phone, that is just a 8 gig mp3
player now. No sim card.

No online stuff for me Sunday. I am just a biker tomorrow.

starhawk

#213 Post by starhawk »

Hey roky, what model Blackberry is that?

Mom loves hers (don't ask, I really have no idea) and I've been looking for one that's new enough to be 3g. (Her current one is a Curve 8900, which is 2g.) Something without moving parts for the cursor control would also be a plus; I'm tired of replacing the trackball. (That thing is incredibly fiddly inside and I've done the procedure three times. It's now quite ready for a fourth...)

rokytnji

#214 Post by rokytnji »

starhawk wrote:Hey roky, what model Blackberry is that?

Mom loves hers (don't ask, I really have no idea) and I've been looking for one that's new enough to be 3g. (Her current one is a Curve 8900, which is 2g.) Something without moving parts for the cursor control would also be a plus; I'm tired of replacing the trackball. (That thing is incredibly fiddly inside and I've done the procedure three times. It's now quite ready for a fourth...)
9550 touchscreen (not the chiclet key board type)

Link

I like the easy replace battery and they make great MP3 and Video Players with a internal 8 to 16 gig SD card added. My extra replacement higher capacity battery was like 3 bucks.
They are good phones also when used with H2O wireless pay as you go plan. Mine was like 10 bucks for 90 days at 200 minutes.

My wife bought and maintains my Iphone5 so I only use it for phone service and internet service. My music stays on the blackberry because of %$#@&* Itunes and Linux.

starhawk

#215 Post by starhawk »

Ah. Sorry, she needs a physical keyboard...

Oh -- and I can relate to your iFrustrations. The driver for the 2nd Gen iPod Shuffle segfaults at invocation (and really does a number on Puppy's poor sanity). Don't ask how I know that ;)

I love the Chinese knockoff "mini clip MP3 players" though!

LazY Puppy

#216 Post by LazY Puppy »

I love good Music and I love Music played by true musicians using real musical instruments. But I also like some newer electronical Music - if it isn't stupid techno and/or Aggro-HipHop.

While searching the contents of http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/, which is a nice Music Composing Software Application I'd stumbled over these guys:

What so not, Touched.

I would like to buy a CD, but could not find anything e.g at Wom.de.

Anyone knows these Guys and got any hint how to get a CD?
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#217 Post by Flash »

I found it on YouTube. It needs salt.

nubc

#218 Post by nubc »

cthisbear

#219 Post by cthisbear »

Night of Too Many Stars -
Jodi DiPiazza and "Weird Al" Yankovic Perform "Yoda"

' This year, she returned to perform “Yoda

rokytnji

#220 Post by rokytnji »

MY SHOW Live featuring All Them Witches

My youngest boy took me to see them in Austin Tx recently.
@ SXSW