DebianDog - Jessie - Continued

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
fredx181

#381 Post by fredx181 »

-- removed --

rufwoof

#382 Post by rufwoof »

There's some serious anger-management and stupidity issues exposed ...... those definitely need to be addressed.
Therein lies a major risk.

Debian enables you to source the system and software from a trusted provider (Debian) that is highly respected. Many Debian users run purely with just the MAIN Debian repository only for that benefit. DebianDog totally smashes that and adds repositories that are untrustworthy ... totally opening up root on any system that uses that.

The indications are you'd have to be stupid to use DD as a end user. And by association expands the potential negative headlines also onto Puppy Linux.

anikin

#383 Post by anikin »

rufwoof wrote:
There's some serious anger-management and stupidity issues exposed ...... those definitely need to be addressed.
Therein lies a major risk.

Debian enables you to source the system and software from a trusted provider (Debian) that is highly respected. Many Debian users run purely with just the MAIN Debian repository only for that benefit. DebianDog totally smashes that and adds repositories that are untrustworthy ... totally opening up root on any system that uses that.

The indications are you'd have to be stupid to use DD as a end user. And by association expands the potential negative headlines also onto Puppy Linux.

Both agree and disagree with you on Debian vs DD. Root, or non root is absolutely irrelevant in our context. First of all, DD's role in this community: It should only act as an introduction to Debian Live. No amateurish, self-made repositories. No pinning. No misguided boot methods. Get the Dog out of DD as much as possible. Drive it out of the village :) Don't smart ass and always pay attention to what anikin is saying.

backi

#384 Post by backi »

Hi !

WARNING TO ALL NEWBIES !
DOG THREADS ARE NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED !

But who really cares.
What doesn't kill you just makes you stronger!

fredx181

#385 Post by fredx181 »

For 32 and 64 bit versions (fork of DebianDog) based on Debian 9 (Stretch), see here:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 770#959770

Fred

saintless

Re: DebianDog - Jessie - Continued

#386 Post by saintless »

A snapshot from DebianDog comments:
(Yes, this is the same rufwoof before he lost his attitude:)
rufwoof wrote:Hi Toni.

You're a very clever guy who clearly through great passion has helped produce a great product in the way of DD and who personally I have found to be most helpful. However in fairness your postings with regard to anikin are ... well let's say you can clearly see that your blood boils.
Yes, thats me. And Fred too. And William. And Terry... And few others called the DebianDog team in the past.

Back on topic:
Please, ask your questions about each Dog iso in the correct thread. All threads are open and linked here:
https://debiandog.github.io/doglinux/
fredx181 wrote:Discontinued...
I will not continue to maintain this version anymore.
The version in this thread needs maintainer and people to help the sinners who dare to use it. Anyone who wants to remove pinning, boot methods, root autologin, special packages and repositories is very, very, very welcome to do it.

Feel free to inform potential users how dangerous is to use Dog based system. Seems you know better than me or Fred what issues the project have. I'm glad we have you here to fix the problems. This is what community project is all about. Go for it ;)

Toni

mcewanw

#387 Post by mcewanw »

rufwoof wrote:Many Debian users run purely with just the MAIN Debian repository only for that benefit. DebianDog totally smashes that and adds repositories that are untrustworthy ... totally opening up root on any system that uses that.

anikin wrote:No amateurish, self-made repositories. No pinning. No misguided boot methods. Get the Dog out of DD as much as possible. Drive it out of the village :) Don't smart ass and always pay attention to what anikin is saying.
What a lot of crap.

I gave up reading the totally verbose bullshit rufwoof used to write by the second paragraph he ever wrote - there was nothing original in any of it - just sounded like someone who thought a lot of himself. That's why I myself never ever suggested inviting him onto DebianDog organisation page - if only cos he is a complete bore and we can't bother with eedyits like that in Scotland...

As for anikin, I certainly don't agree at all with Toni about that smart ass, who has contributed nothing I've ever noticed to anything. Maybe he should crawl out of his bum and produce something, but I doubt he is capable. Anyway, these pair are like vultures cackling together gleefully over an imagined corpse. They should away and get toilet trained.

William

Away you go you pair of twits - no one asked you to use DebianDog, which is a fine wee operating system (and I've been actively using and developing on Linux since first Linux Yyadrasil of 1992, in professional university research group and throughout my career in electronics industry (and teaching about it later); it is you twitwos who 'seem to be' (are) utter titwit amateurs in your comments).

EDIT: A bit of advice you wee boys: you should change your fako names on the forum because everyone knows what kind of mental tweetoos you are, so no-one in their right mind is interested in any shite you say. EDIT... Reminder to myself, I should be nice, even to the rufftwits...

EDIT2: I still have the 1993 production CD of Yyadrasil (the earlier one belonged to the research group) - only needs 386 system with 8 MByte RAM for X window and its many still familiar provided apps.

Back on topic: Welcome to DebianDog - actually, you have made a good choice to use this OS despite the many who are clearly jealous of its progress.
Last edited by mcewanw on Tue 04 Jul 2017, 22:36, edited 3 times in total.
github mcewanw

rufwoof

#388 Post by rufwoof »

mcewanw wrote:
rufwoof wrote:Many Debian users run purely with just the MAIN Debian repository only for that benefit. DebianDog totally smashes that and adds repositories that are untrustworthy ... totally opening up root on any system that uses that.

anikin wrote:No amateurish, self-made repositories. No pinning. No misguided boot methods. Get the Dog out of DD as much as possible. Drive it out of the village :) Don't smart ass and always pay attention to what anikin is saying.
What a lot of crap.

I gave up reading the totally verbose bullshit rufwoof used to write by the second paragraph he ever wrote - there was nothing original in any of it - just sounded like someone who thought a lot of himself. That's why I myself never ever suggested inviting him onto DebianDog organisation page - if only cos he is a complete bore and we can't bother with eedyits like that in Scotland...

As for anikin, I certainly don't agree at all with Toni about that smart ass, who has contributed nothing I've ever noticed to anything. Maybe he should crawl out of his bum and produce something, but I doubt he is capable. Anyway, these pair are like vultures cackling together gleefully over an imagined corpse. They should away and get toilet trained.

William

Away you go you pair of twits - no one asked you to use DebianDog, which is a fine wee operating system (and I've been actively using and developing on Linux since first Linux Yyadrasil of 1992, in professional university research group and throughout my career in electronics industry (and teaching about it later); it is you twitwos who 'seem to be' (are) utter titwit amateurs in your comments).

EDIT: A bit of advice you wee boys: you should change your fako names on the forum because everyone knows what kind of mental tweetoos you are, so no-one in their right mind is interested in any shite you say.

Back on topic: Welcome to DebianDog - actually, you have made a good choice to use this OS despite the many who are clearly jealous of its progress.
Good grief. All those years, and to still be so ignorant.

Apart from the security risk of downloading and installing (using root) from non-approved repositories, Debian also strongly advise against it for other sound reasons

https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianSoftware#Footnotes

Your own words speak volumes.

mcewanw

#389 Post by mcewanw »

rufftwit:

This thread is on topic DebianDog-Jessie. Like I said in my above post get your twithead out of here and into Off-Topics or Twit forum area (which should be created for you to rant on in). Or try harder to get a girlfriend who can tolerate your pomposity. Or you need a hobby you can handle that will allow you to rant on and on to a wall which isn't listening to you. Or stick to FreeBSD forums - you get what you pay for, and they get you (I'm sorry for them)...

What's your real identity anyway? I'll kindly let anyone I know in the Industry so they can look out for you.
github mcewanw

rufwoof

#390 Post by rufwoof »

mcewanw wrote:rufftwit:

This thread is on topic DebianDog-Jessie. Like I said in my above post get your twithead out of here and into Off-Topics or Twit forum area (which should be created for you to rant on in). Or try harder to get a girlfriend who can tolerate your pomposity. Or you need a hobby you can handle that will allow you to rant on and on to a wall which isn't listening to you. Or stick to FreeBSD forums - you get what you pay for, and they get you (I'm sorry for them)...

What's your real identity anyway? I'll kindly let anyone I know in the Industry so they can look out for you.
:)

saintless

#391 Post by saintless »

mcewanw wrote:What a lot of crap.
Hi William.
Please, don't waste your time answering such posts. All kind of people are part of this forum. Let them write what they want. Sooner or later they will get what they deserve ;)

We both use the product of this project and we both know how good it is and what really needs fixing. Fix what you need for yourself. Share it or not. Live your live and be happy my friend. I will do the same.

Toni

saintless

#392 Post by saintless »

rufwoof, you are in a hurry to delete your DebianDog background by deleting the post from my quote. Don't you respect your own words at least?
saintless wrote:A snapshot from DebianDog comments:
(Yes, this is the same rufwoof before he lost his attitude:)
rufwoof wrote:Hi Toni.

You're a very clever guy who clearly through great passion has helped produce a great product in the way of DD and who personally I have found to be most helpful. However in fairness your postings with regard to anikin are ... well let's say you can clearly see that your blood boils.
BTW you missed a spot here:
rufwoof wrote:Toni (saintless) has gone quiet, but apparently looking at things from afresh again. Very clever guy and it will be interesting to see what he comes up with.
It will be interesting to see if you are going to delete or edit your answer to the creator of Puppy linux. It will tell a lot about you.

Toni
Attachments
rufwoof-admires-saintless-and debiandog.jpg
(52.83 KiB) Downloaded 562 times

anikin

#393 Post by anikin »

Hi Toni et al,

The pinning, repos, boot methods - those were mentioned as a wishlist for improvement and maybe a possible topic for discussion. Nothing personal. One thing I'm trying to understand is this notion of "The DebianDog Organization" - why is it needed? Is it something like a Hall of Fame, where mcewanw and fredx181 can put their over-sized egos and gilded busts? The best period DD had was when there was no github presence, no "doggie" site and no organization. Anyone interested in learning Debian could come in and talk. Why all of a sudden this finger pointing and chest-thumping now: "you are not a member of the organization! we were the the team! I'm a co-author!" Who cares? Some of my ideas were accepted in DD. Do I seek any credit for that?

This project needs users and followers. Toni, it's unfortunate you and Rufwoof got into this brawl. Sometimes good people, for all the wrong reasons will say bad things. It's a leader's job to stop such conflicts.

saintless

#394 Post by saintless »

Hi anikin.
The github organisation is part of the project and it took a lot of work from me, Fred, William. It is part of the community project now and a place clean from the bad posts here.
anikin wrote:Some of my ideas were accepted in DD. Do I seek any credit for that?
I've never removed you as contributor from my threads first posts. Seek credits or not is not important. The truth is this project started with contributions from all people mentioned in the credits list. The truth is important.
This project needs users and followers. Toni, it's unfortunate you and Rufwoof got into this brawl. Sometimes good people, for all the wrong reasons will say bad things. It's a leader's job to stop such conflicts.
This is community project now. I'm not a leader but only maintainer for the original dog versions. If you check out MintPup and DD-Squeeze github pages you will see I already removed the special dd-repository if you use the provided maintaince pack package. I know what has to be done and it will be done with the old versions.

I don't agree the project needs many users. It was never my intention to attract many users.

About rufwoof it is up to him to say sorry. I've never called him insulting names.

Toni

backi

#395 Post by backi »

Hi !
Topic and Off topic again (simultaneously)
Both agree and disagree with you on Debian vs DD. Root, or non root is absolutely irrelevant in our context. First of all, DD's role in this community: It should only act as an introduction to Debian Live. No amateurish, self-made repositories. No pinning. No misguided boot methods. Get the Dog out of DD as much as possible. Drive it out of the village Smile Don't smart ass and always pay attention to what anikin is saying
those were mentioned as a wishlist for improvement and maybe a possible topic for discussion. Nothing personal.
So i did see it too .

Did not feel any offense in it .......just some desperate attempt being self- ironic.
(seems did not work ) .
Please people cool down . Those misunderstandings always starts again and again like wildfire. There is lot of pressure which has to be released.
But i am optimistic ...sooner... or later ....the grass will be greener than before .
Three rants for everybody per week,per thread should be a fair deal .

mcewanw

#396 Post by mcewanw »

anikin wrote:Some of my ideas were accepted in DD. Do I seek any credit for that?
Ha ha ha, that's almost funny. Of course it's not about credits and certainly not about gilded busts (hahahahaha), it's about work and tons of hours put in. It's certainly not about destructive trolling comments and the ridiculous attacks we've had to suffer from twittwo you.

But what work did you do in your contributions to DebianDog - I can't remember? The project has been around since the end of 2013. Considering your big mouth must be something very significant such that Fred and I should apologize. Sorry in advance, I really didn't know...

Anyway, you can always pretend I suppose. Goodness knows what you said to Toni at the time he was most down - you seem to have charmed him! But not me.

William

EDIT: Forget your optimism backi. Even I now accept that DebianDog is effectively dead - the wee vultures, like the above guy, have moved in for their peckings. But they won't provide anything new for you, sorry. EDIT2: To be fair to ruftwit, he was never as eedyit (idiot) as the above guy, in fact ruf did indeed put in a lot of effort but alas has ended joining the twito gang as if its some kind of contagious disease of the brain (beware backi - maybe all problems really started with that cancer - I can't quite remember why or how either... oh dear, maybe I've caught it hahahahaha).
EDIT3: One thing that I find concerning is that the forum moderators never dealt with anikin - his trolling being, IMO, far more destructive to DD development and future than the initial fallout between Toni and Fred. I can't help but wonder if anikin would have been allowed by the forum moderators to behave so destructively on major Puppy development threads - maybe ruftwit is correct that DD is not appreciated here (because it is so good? - more jealousy? anikin is certainly an obviously jealous wee man)

I can't wait for anikin to actually produce something of his own, but we may be waiting for a long time for any actual creativity from that corner methinks. Meanwhile those who do undertake development work... leave.
github mcewanw

rufwoof

#397 Post by rufwoof »

To clarify I posted that praise in a attempt to satisfy your egosyntonic tendencies Toni. Yes you seem to have deep insight into computers/Debian, however unlike many of the millions who make contributions one way or another to such projects you look for praise/recognition. Back in October of last year you simply pulled the rug from under everyone using DD Jessie (and all the other of your Dogs). As William said back then "Fact is you made a good attempt of destroying the project - I don't know why.". My posts to which you refer were attempts along with others at that time to calm your ego.
I don't agree the project needs many users. It was never my intention to attract many users.
Fair enough, use you respected programming/computer skills to attract a small group of worshipers if that is your objective. What I can say however is that as a former user of DD-Jessie when the rug is pulled and without little in the way of apparent reasoning it can be devastating and generate considerable anger and contempt. As a user I worked hard to learn and use DD Jessie, only to then have to throw all of that out of the window and restart elsewhere when you decided to pull the plug. I cannot and will not thank you for that. As users we put trust in the developers, that trust for me is gone, not that that detracts from your computer knowledge/skills for which I do thank you for taking the time to share.

I hope the above suffices Toni so that things can move on (at least once William calms down or disappears off on another of his walkabout).

anikin

#398 Post by anikin »

mcewanw wrote:...Goodness knows what you said to Toni at the time he was most down - you seem to have charmed him! But not me
I didn't say a single word to him - neither privately nor publicly. Let me help you understand the situation. First, what Toni did was wrong, that is abandoned the project. However, unlike you, or others I didn't point a finger at him for doing that. Because, I knew he was pushed, it was a forced error, if you understand what I mean. Imagine this, the guy creates a project of his life, releases DD JWM - Fred is doing an open box version of that release, the work goes on, everyone is happy. At some point Fred is trying to do his own flavor - DD Sid. Toni says, OK do it, but it will not be officially supported. Fred, quietly withdraws that version - no drama, no tragedy, no tears. As time goes on, Toni releases MintPup - a clear mistake on his part. A little bit later, Fred is rolling out XenialDog - uncoordinated, unfinalized, of course. That was the tipping point - the end of the DD project. A misguided, self-destructing, cannibalizing effort. It should have been a fork, a separate project under its own name. Instead it became the betrayal of trust. Gradually, all the talk starts revolving around XenialDog - all the attention, praise, bells and whistles and tinsel. No oxygen left for the original DD. Fred becomes a "co-author," a hero and mcewanw - don't know anything of his role. Spiritual father, maybe, a gilded bust in the Hall of Fame? :) The most important work in DD is done by Debian/Ubuntu developers - Debian Live, that is. Almost all of the applications/scripts come directly from Puppy developers - sunburnt, rcrsn51, zigbert come to mind in the first place. Don't know anything of your tons of hours, as you claim work, that went into DD. Or are you talking of Toni's work - especially the DD Howto threads?

fredx181

#399 Post by fredx181 »

Troll anikin wrote:Don't know anything of your tons of hours, as you claim work, that went into DD.
Of course you cannot know about tons of hours work, because you didn't do it
Your few hours spent in these years writing (stupid) comments are nothing compared to it!
(and, btw, you are good at history falsification)

backi

#400 Post by backi »

Hi !

mcewanw wrote :
as if its some kind of contagious disease of the brain (beware backi - maybe all problems really started with that cancer - I can't quite remember why or how either... oh dear, maybe I've caught it hahahahaha).
Maybe a bad case of collective Tourette Syndrom with a retro tendency. Maybe St. Vitus Dance (aka Chorea Huntington ). Could be Mad-Cow-Disease too . Water supply contaminated with bad Drugs ? Who knows ? ...... me no doctor .Not sure .....will go for Google.....