Do you remember Commander Keen series of games?

Play with your Puppy.
takenp

Do you remember Commander Keen series of games?

#1 Post by takenp »

:
::
Here are 7 versions of Commander Keen by id Software ported on linux for x86 and x64. Many thx to those who had ported them all. Have fun!

[url=hhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1f0n07mXeZ5XzN6Y1BCa2NpRG8/view?usp=sharing]CommanderKeen.pet[/url]

CommanderKeen_6.0.2.sfs
Attachments
keen.png
(27.8 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
Last edited by takenp on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

cimarron

#2 Post by cimarron »

These need to be made public files for download; currently you need to sign in and get permission from the owner.

takenp

#3 Post by takenp »

cimarron wrote:These need to be made public files for download; currently you need to sign in and get permission from the owner.

fixed

cimarron

#4 Post by cimarron »

Thanks. There seems to be something wrong with the launcher, though, at least in the sfs. It tries to run a script that isn't there. If I run the x86 executable directly it works, it's just the menu launcher that doesn't run anything.

unicorn316386

#5 Post by unicorn316386 »

cimarron wrote:Thanks. There seems to be something wrong with the launcher, though, at least in the sfs. It tries to run a script that isn't there. If I run the x86 executable directly it works, it's just the menu launcher that doesn't run anything.
I noticed the same in Slacko 6.3. It works when I click on /usr/share/games/CommanderKeen/keen.x86

Nice surprise how Episodes 1-3 now have music. Having fun playing these 3 episodes again now :)

scientist

#6 Post by scientist »

unicorn316386 wrote:
cimarron wrote:Thanks. There seems to be something wrong with the launcher, though, at least in the sfs. It tries to run a script that isn't there. If I run the x86 executable directly it works, it's just the menu launcher that doesn't run anything.
I noticed the same in Slacko 6.3. It works when I click on /usr/share/games/CommanderKeen/keen.x86

Nice surprise how Episodes 1-3 now have music. Having fun playing these 3 episodes again now :)
If you make a desktop icon, it does not work.

Only works if invoked directly. ??

The game is great and brings back many good memories. :-)
Thanks,
Andy

Slacko 6.3.0 FULL INSTALL
JWM
File Manager - Thunar