Touchpad not working

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
fm1st

Touchpad not working

#1 Post by fm1st »

Xenialpup64 CE 7.5 is working perfectly in my Lenovo Ideapad320 (80YF0005BR, for the Brasilian market) ... except for the touch-pad, which is completely inactive.

In Windows the touch-pad works and I understand the hardware is ELAN. So, I have a guess Xenial lacks the ELAN driver. Well, I also wonder whether this could be a particular problem with this model.

Does anyone have come across it before and knows how to resolve it, PLEASE?

BTW, one thing that attracts me a lot to LENOVO it is that all needed information to disassemble the Laptop is made available in their website, including Parts' List ... and no seals to be removed and terminating warranties. And in the forum the Lenovo representative encourages upgrades to add more memory and a SSD, of course at owner's own risk.

BTW'2', I tried a few cloning software, in Windows, and liked most the MACRIUM-Reflect, because its GUI allows to drag partitions from source to target disk ... and in addition permits editing the size of the partitions in order, for example, to leave room for other additional partitions. So, does anyone recommends some Linux cloning software, better than PUDD, which doesn't clone to smaller target disks?

Many thanks

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

Unless you just have to use Xenialpup.
I suggest you try Bionicpup64 7.9.8.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311

I have a laptop that uses the Elan touchpad and it works OK in Bionicpup64 7.9.8

This being such a new computer.
Bionicpup64 7.9.8 is going to have the best hardware support.
It is basically the update to Xenialpup 7.5.
Just understand, it is still in development for final release, but at this point, the only bugs are minor ones, if any.

Good idea to check the touchpad setup, after you get it working. A lot can be adjusted.
menu>Setup>Mouse/Keyboard Wizard>Touchpad
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

jaylcee

#3 Post by jaylcee »

bigpup wrote:Unless you just have to use Xenialpup.
I suggest you try Bionicpup64 7.9.8.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311

I have a laptop that uses the Elan touchpad and it works OK in Bionicpup64 7.9.8

This being such a new computer.
Bionicpup64 7.9.8 is going to have the best hardware support.
It is basically the update to Xenialpup 7.5.
Just understand, it is still in development for final release, but at this point, the only bugs are minor ones, if any.

Good idea to check the touchpad setup, after you get it working. A lot can be adjusted.
menu>Setup>Mouse/Keyboard Wizard>Touchpad
Thank you so much Bigpup, I found that thread while trying to solve the same issue with my new Acer Travelmate and am now a happy Bionicpup user.

rufwoof

#4 Post by rufwoof »

Hit across a similar problem myself today. Perhaps obvious - but in F2 bootup (settings/whatever) you may have a touchpad option. The Acer I was using today worked fine with Windows, not with Puppy. Setting the F2 touchpad from a 'intelligent' or something like that option to the 'basic/normal' choice resolved the matter.

With quite a large touchpad, the next issue was when typing it was all too easy to palm the touchpad and have it move the mouse inconveniently - one option to work around that is to get used to using Fn F7 to toggle the touchpad on/off.
[size=75]( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) :wq[/size]
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1028256#1028256][size=75]Fatdog multi-session usb[/url][/size]
[size=75][url=https://hashbang.sh]echo url|sed -e 's/^/(c/' -e 's/$/ hashbang.sh)/'|sh[/url][/size]