Huawei announced the release of its own operating system

News, happenings
hatemonday

#61 Post by hatemonday »

the americans never understood trade unions, such statements are just old fashioned bs. Jeez, wake up, the current population of China is 1,435,874,669 as I write this ...

No matter how many sacked, there is still plenty supply from such a huge population. Sacking anyone won't hurt its spying capability.
Attachments
sacked.jpg
(70.13 KiB) Downloaded 691 times
worldwide.jpg
(61.3 KiB) Downloaded 683 times

musher0

#62 Post by musher0 »

hatemonday wrote:On one side, Huawei "seems" to do virtually everything it can to carry out political tasks .

On the other hand, [China] "seems" to do virtually everything it can to squeeze and threaten other countries to use Huawei's technology /product.

Are they actually two sides of the same single coin ? Anyone knows ?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/bu ... w-12093468

And the US is a saint, I suppose?
Oh, please come down to earth, oh Angel hatemonday!!! :)

A couple of examples, if I may:
About threats:
-- Within the new NAFTA, Canada will have to buy more US milk products, whether
we like it or not, or else the US will bring our steel and aluminum industries to their
knees.
-- The US has threatened to impose huge tariffs on French wine, if France goes
ahead with its GAFA Internet tax.

About spying:
Prayer: "Dear God, please help some Americans stop playing the offended virgin!" :roll:
Like the US does NOT have the CIA, the NSA and a couple of other spying agencies.

I'm not saying the Chinese may not be doing it through Huawei, but the US is doing it
too to other countries through God knows what channels.

FYI, all countries have spying agencies.

BFN
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

souleau

#63 Post by souleau »

Maybe the whole viewpoint of 'governments using national companies for nefarious purposes' is outdated.

Perhaps we're already living in our own dystopian Bladerunner/Alien universe where large, global conglomerates are using puppet governments for their own nefarious purposes instead.

Maybe the concepts of borders and nationality have already been replaced by the concepts of markets and conditions.

wiak

#64 Post by wiak »

I hate to lighten the discussion, but I read "using puppet governments ..." as "using puppy governments for their own nefarious purposes" and wondered, for a moment, if it was a discussion about mavrothal...! Whew, I was so relieved when I realized it was "puppet" and not "puppy"...

wiak

musher0

#65 Post by musher0 »

Come to think of it, IMO, the Chinese gov't will NOT be using the Huawei 5G
technology for spying. Think about it: it would be sooo obvious: first place counter-
espionage will look.

Besides, specs and description of components of those phones have to be public,
worldwide, for repair and maintenance purposes. If there was some kind of hardware
mole in the phone or the relay system, it would soon be discovered.

Chinese spies will no doubt use it like any other user would, but as a general spying
tool for the Chinese gov't, I have to say no.

About the argument that Huawei was founded by a former officer of the Chinese Army,
turn the argument around: how many former officers of the American or Canadian, etc.,
army, work for tech companies in their respective countries? You're still rather young
when you retire from the Forces, and you want to start a second career. See? In itself,
that argument does not mean anything.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

hatemonday

#66 Post by hatemonday »

Why is it so hard for people to understand that the Chinese Government is firmly in control of what goes on in companies in China?

The Chinese Government is always in the background!
Absolutely agree !!!

It seems that every Chinese company is performing some sorts of political tasks in one way or another secretly.
Attachments
Screenshot0.jpg
(65.96 KiB) Downloaded 571 times
Screensho01.jpg
(41.2 KiB) Downloaded 574 times

hatemonday

#67 Post by hatemonday »

... seems to do virtually everything it can to squeeze and threaten other countries to use Huawei's technology /product.
another country being squeezed and threatened ...

Attachments
faroese.jpg
(103.86 KiB) Downloaded 541 times

don570

China government will get rid of American software

#68 Post by don570 »

China government will get rid of American software
Huawei already announced that it doesn't use American-made chips anymore

https://www.newser.com/story/284111/chi ... d-war.html

Charbax thinks that this will boost arm-based linux laptops
https://twitter.com/Charbax/status/1204367242655338497
Pinebook Pro people must be excited.

tallboy

#69 Post by tallboy »

don570 wrote:Huawei already announced that it doesn't use American-made chips anymore
So now we just wait for the american computer industry to announce that they don't use chinese-made chips anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

don570

#70 Post by don570 »

So now we just wait for the american computer industry to announce that they don't use chinese-made chips anymore.
That will never happen. China now totally controls the electronic components
industry except for high-end processors which are jealously guarded by the Americans.

hatemonday

#71 Post by hatemonday »

a company larger than any law
Attachments
detained.jpg
(105.68 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
post_by_number.jpg
(63.64 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
company_larger_than_law.jpg
(42.11 KiB) Downloaded 388 times

perdido

#72 Post by perdido »

Huawei is one of the main suppliers of the technology used to monitor and repress the population in Xinjiang. You know, ethnic cleansing, re-education camps and prison due to ethnic intolerance.
Huawei supports this voluntarily, works hand-in-hand with the chinese government while using Xinjiang as a testing ground to test the surveillance equipment that they do not make.
More than a dozen British parliamentarians have called on the country’s foreign secretary to exclude Huawei Technologies
from building Britain’s 5G network over the company’s alleged links to the troubled Chinese region of Xinjiang
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diploma ... r-xinjiang

This report includes Huawei in the last 1/5 of the page for that info concerning Xinjiang
https://www.aspi.org.au/report/mapping- ... ech-giants

Here is some more documenting what china is doing in Xinjiang, this article does not include anything about Huawei just the abuses in Xinjiang.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ments.html

don570

#73 Post by don570 »

Note to Perdido - Huawei factories are state of art and well managed.
Don't believe everything you read in mainstream media.
Here's a good article to explain ...
https://thegrayzone.com/2019/12/21/chin ... esearcher/
https://thegrayzone.com/2018/08/23/un-d ... r-muslims/

bigpup

#74 Post by bigpup »

For anyone that does not think there could be a spy chip or spy software in these Huawei devices :roll:
Attachments
5f9f0e9c69fd1f613230740c0045359e.jpg
(52.01 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
bulldog.jpg
(10.92 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

don570

#75 Post by don570 »

Micron Technology which is an American owned memory company says it has licences
to sell to Huawei

https://en.chinaflashmarket.com/news/view?id=13267
In June, Micron said it had determined that some of its products could be legally shipped to Huawei, while others remained barred. It did not, however, disclose if it had received a license when US officials began granting them in November.

The chipmaker said on Wednesday it had received all requested licenses that enable it to provide support for certain products and qualify new products for Huawei’s mobile and server businesses.

The licenses are not expected to have a material impact on the company’s revenue in the next couple of quarters, Micron said.

Sumit Sadana, Micron’s chief business officer, told Reuters in an interview that it will take time for Micron to work with Huawei to make sure its chips work in Huawei’s newest phones.

hatemonday

#76 Post by hatemonday »

UK may abandon using ...
Attachments
disinformation.jpg
(117.24 KiB) Downloaded 407 times

Smithy

#77 Post by Smithy »

This is the second lazy journalism post that has appeared on Murga, but I’ll bite.

This article from wiki seemed balanced to me, the balance being that the frequency has not had good solid testing. It seems 4G is ok because it is limited, but 5G needs a blunderbuss of power and antenna rigs close to the offices and homes that it serves, because the frequencies are up from 700-2500 MHZ to 28000 MHZ. If used as a weapon, it can produce a burning sensation to the skin, which it can penetrate. Apparently the upper layer dermis.

In April 2019, the city of Brussels in Belgium blocked a 5G trial because of radiation laws.[216] In Geneva, Switzerland, a planned upgrade to 5G was stopped for the same reason.[217] The Swiss Telecommunications Association (ASUT) has said that studies have been unable to show that 5G frequencies have any health impact.
[218] Several Swiss cantons adopted moratoriums on 5G technology on health grounds, though the federal offices in charge of environment and telecommunications say that the cantons have no jurisdiction to do so.
[219]
Dr. Paul Ben-Ishai, during his PhD studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem's Physics department, detailed how human sweat ducts act like an array of helical antennas when exposed to 5G wavelengths.[220] When this occurs, EM waves interact in complex forms, resulting in potential health effects.[221]

Health concerns related to radiation from cell telephone towers and cell telephones are not new. Although electromagnetic hypersensitivity is not scientifically recognized, diffuse unproven symptoms such as headache and tiredness have been claimed to result from exposure to electromagnetic fields such as those that carry 5G and Wi-Fi despite no mechanism or valid scientific explanation having been proven.[222] However, 5G technology presents new issues that depart from 4G technology, namely, higher microwave frequencies from 2.6 GHz to 28 GHz, compared to 700–2500 MHz typically used by 4G. Because the higher millimeter wave used in 5G does not penetrate objects easily, this requires the installation of antennas every few hundred meters, which has sparked concern among the public.[212]

An international appeal to the European Union made on September 13, 2017 garnered over 180 signatures from scientists representing 35 countries.[223] They cite unproven concerns over the 10 to 20 billion connections to the 5G network and the subsequent increase in RF-EMF exposure affecting the global populace constantly. The appeal also references the International Agency for Research on Cancer's (IARC) conclusion in 2011 that frequencies 30 kHz – 300 GHz are likely carcinogenic in humans.[224] This research was seemingly confirmed by the US Department of Health and Human Services' National Toxicology Program (NTP), which studied prolonged exposure to RF radiation on rats and noticed significant increases in cancer formation.[225]

Critics of 5G say that these millimeter wavelengths have not been tested extensively on the general public. Most experts believe that more scientific research is needed; however, no health concerns have yet been proven,[226] as, even though millimeter wave technology has been used in technology such as radar for many decades,[227][228][229] there is considerable research regarding the association of cancer to the use of radar devices by police officers.[230]

United States Senator Richard Blumenthal in 2018 said "I know of no reliable studies—classified or otherwise—that have been done about 5G technology. There may have been studies by the military but, so far as I know, they failed to meet the specifications that are required in terms of the numbers of animals or other ways of measuring that would be required."[231]

In 2018, Dr. Martin Pall, Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences at Washington State University believes "Putting in tens of millions of 5G antennae without a single biological test of safety has got to be about the stupidest idea anyone has had in the history of the world."[232] He cites the increased number of phased arrays, the high energy pulses which can easily penetrate the human body, and the bulk of antennae required to operate the network as potential causes for concern.

enrique

#78 Post by enrique »

https://physics.stackexchange.com/quest ... oesnt-wifi

It is not the same

1000W in an enclosed space for a few seconds.

Than 1W of a Wifi router. I guess 1 router every > 100meter

A tower Cell have many carriers. Lets say 5, each have 9 antenna at 40W. So the tower is putting 5*9*40W= 1800W Continues, not for a few seconds. This is why it is stupid to place antennas on top of buildings or houses. Should be on 200Meter Towers. Then 1 tower no more closer than a few Km from next one.

Waooo I did not got time to think before in your analysis, very reveling. Yes soon we will be cooking our-self. Truth where I live I got 3 Cellphones towers surrounding me, 2 FM Radio station punting 10th of thousands of watts, I can see about 20 WIfi routers, I bet you there are as many cellphones and PC. And we will see 5G soon.

And we can not forget the 100th of satellites transmitting HIgh output down Earth for the so called Monitoring/safety of the world.
Last edited by enrique on Wed 01 Apr 2020, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

souleau

#79 Post by souleau »

We should not just concern ourselves with the impact on human health.
This study suggests that even a normal wifi router performing under standard conditions may have a detrimental effect on the health of the plant life in its immediate surroundings.
If 5G deployment requires network towers dotted around the country in a tight grid, there could be be a negative effect on crop growth.

tallboy

#80 Post by tallboy »

So, guys, you think highly educated mobile net experts, appointed by governments around the world who are interested in upgrading to 5G, don't have the knowledge needed to measure and approve 5G base stations?
Come on, stop such debates now.
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.