Latest Java SFS

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Auronius

Latest Java SFS

#1 Post by Auronius »

Good day!
I have installed Java, on Bionicpup64 8.0 using Quickpet.
However, the installed Java version is outdated. Also, it does not supports automatic updates.
Can you please make SFS of the latest Java? Bcause I need it in order to run one very important application, which unfortunately does not run on Java from Quickpet.

OscarTalks

#2 Post by OscarTalks »

This is the latest 64bit Java JRE from java.com packaged as .sfs
You are welcome to test it and see if it works
Uploaded to Yandex Disk here:-
https://yadi.sk/d/zo5il-72Kx7_2Q
Oscar in England

MaPi

#3 Post by MaPi »

Hello OscarTalks,

I have tested your sfs in tahrpup64 and it works but there is a conflict with palemoon. The browser is no longer starting after loading your sfs on the fly.

Mike Walsh

#4 Post by Mike Walsh »

MaPi wrote:Hello OscarTalks,

I have tested your sfs in tahrpup64 and it works but there is a conflict with palemoon. The browser is no longer starting after loading your sfs on the fly.
Hm. Curious...

I had the same problem with Java when I first put the portable-Palemoon packages together about a year ago. Wonder if the "bugs" are related? :roll:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 85#1015085

Mike. :?

OscarTalks

#5 Post by OscarTalks »

I tested this in XenialPup64 when I made the package last night and it worked including (updated) Palemoon and the java plugin was recognised in the Add-Ons section.

The issue is with the browser plugin for java. In Tahr64 I think because the libraries are older there is a conflict with the java libraries. The original Palemoon still launches with the .sfs loaded but the plugin is not recognised. Once updated to latest Palemoon, the browser fails to open at all.

So in Tahr64 if you want the main java JRE but do not require the browser plugin (which is not likely to be needed for much these days) the workaround is to delete the plugin from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins where you will see it as a symlink to libnpjp2.so
Palemoon should then run as before.
This just hides the symlink within your system, it does not remove it from the .sfs

In BionicPup64 the main JRE core appears to be working and the java browser plugin is recognised and works in Palemoon, original or updated to latest.
Oscar in England

MaPi

#6 Post by MaPi »

Okay, I have removed the symlink to libnpjp2.so and now it works! :D

Auronius

#7 Post by Auronius »

Thank you, OscarTalks for fast response and your work! Your SFS is working good, Minecraft launches, Palemoon launches. XiaomiADBFastbootTools 6.9 however does not launches, I have reported this to its creator. I will continue testing.
Again, Thank you!
Update:
I have re-uploaded this file, in case main link becomes nonworking:
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/472m/3z4dLcjiK