How to install Upupbb32-8.0 from .img files?

Using applications, configuring, problems
boof

How to install Upupbb32-8.0 from .img files?

#1 Post by boof »

Ihave the new 32 bit puppy, R*. theinstall format is different fromthe usual iso. I've een able to openit into3files,inc an .mbr file. Idon't have CD's, and just want to try it out. Howdo I do this pls. No USB stick either.

enrique

#2 Post by enrique »

R* + img....

I guess you talk about ARM Raspberry PI Image or Raspian.

Now unless you have an ARM device I do not think that has any value. I guess you could run it under quemu!

Mike Walsh

#3 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ boof:-

Mm. Okay. No CD, no USB.....the only way you'll be able to do this is to create a separate, small partition, and use EasyDD.

This is an easy-to-use, GUI 'front end' for the 'dd' utility. Commonly known as the 'disk destroyer', if you get the commands wrong..! That's why BK wrote this, to make its use easier for those unused to its quirks.

You can't use this with a sub-directory, the way you can with Puppy; 'dd' will only work with a partition, or separate drive. Make the partition around 10 GB if you can; it needs a minimum of 8 GB to work correctly. (Tip; the 'self-extracting script' works best. This is totally 'portable', and can be run from anywhere.)

Though, as enrique says, it'll only run on an ARM-powered device.....like a RaspberryPi.

Mike. :wink:

boof

#4 Post by boof »

wrong pc--sorry.

enrique

#5 Post by enrique »

Now I am more lost. I would had expect you said wrong img. Do you have ans ARM PC?