'Set icon' failing on reboot

Using applications, configuring, problems
davids45

'Set icon' failing on reboot

#1 Post by davids45 »

G'day,

I'm seeing a failure in the 'Set icon' option in the Menu.

Frequently the icon I choose to replace the default generic icon linked to a directory or application icon is not retained on a reboot sometime later.

The fancy icon I 'set' is replaced by or reverts to the common default icon when a particular Puppy is rebooted. When first done, the new icon is OK with a restartX, but is gone, say the next day, when I reboot the Pup.

For example, in most of the 64-bit portable browsers, I replace the generic 'LAUNCH' script icon with the particular browser's icon (say, 64pixel jpg or png from its chrome subdirectory) by dragging the browser icon to the 'Set icon' box panel and the browser icon appears in a second or so.
But next day, it's back to the default script icon for each 'LAUNCH' desktop icon.

Is there a trick to make the 'set icon' permanent?

I suspect this is a new issue as I don't recall this happening years ago.

David S.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

David, unless there's something wrong with your save routine, there should be zero issues if your icon directory resides @ /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

bigpup

#3 Post by bigpup »

For example, in most of the 64-bit portable browsers
Are these sfs packages that are loaded or are they installed as pet or deb packages?

If these a sfs packages that are loaded.
Are they set to load at each boot?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)