HOW THE WORLD WILL END

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
Turpin

HOW THE WORLD WILL END

#1 Post by Turpin »

What do you think of this article? http://www.viewzone.com/endtime.html
There seems to be a good bit of scientific evidence and theory to back up this scenario, and, so far that I've seen, and I could be wrong, this guy isn't a kook. If he's right, we'll know soon enough. In the next few years, on a curve of exponential increase as December 2012 approaches, we'll be seeing volcanoes, massive earthquake activity, tsunamis, hurricane activity unlike anything in documented human history, and finally, as if all that isn't fun enough, solar activity that will at first knock out communications and eletronics, until their severity becomes so intense that the sun-facing sides of the earth they impact will be literally scorched. Or maybe nothing will happen.
How do you think the world will end, and why? Any ideas when?
I know, not a fun topic. But, reality must be faced head-on. And nothing brings mankind together like a good catastrophe.

hillside

#2 Post by hillside »

Umm. Let me think. Hmm. Oh yeah. Crackpot.

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

I think it's safe to assume that the world will end the way God said it will end - the universe will be rolled up like a scroll and thrown into the lake of fire :)

Obviously this fire isn't what we call fire, because it must be outside the universe, and the dimensions we live in (length, width, height, time etc.) and everything as we know it will be destroyed in it.
You do realise that the physicists and people claim not only that they can tell the stuff in the universe isn't infinite, but that the actual dimensions it exists in had a beginning?
It makes my head hurt to listen to such people, and I can't help wondering if there isn't something more useful they could be doing...

That dude is almost on the right track with the natural disasters and stuff - the Bible is very clear that these will increase as we approach the end. But he must be wrong about the date, because the Bible is very clear that we can't predict when the world will end - Jesus said "No man knows the hour".

But we don't need to worry. All we need to do is repent and follow Jesus - it's not too late now, but one day it will be! :):):):):)
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

koolie

#4 Post by koolie »

The world will end when my sister-in-law tells it to, and not a minute before.

cthisbear

#5 Post by cthisbear »

" The world will end when my sister-in-law tells it to,
and not a minute before. "

Took the words right out of her mouth.

Chris.

Jactek

#6 Post by Jactek »

Judging from your avatar, I assumed the end of the world would be from an uranium q38 space modulator (if I recall my Marvin the martian correctly

Jim

Turpin

#7 Post by Turpin »

disciple wrote:That dude is almost on the right track with the natural disasters and stuff - the Bible is very clear that these will increase as we approach the end. But he must be wrong about the date, because the Bible is very clear that we can't predict when the world will end - Jesus said "No man knows the hour".

But we don't need to worry. All we need to do is repent and follow Jesus - it's not too late now, but one day it will be! :):):):):)
From what I've read about solar flare activity, we really won't know the hour or even the day that the big one (solar flare burst or whatever you want to call it) will hit us. At this time, we don't have a good enough model for predicting exactly when the sun will cut one, or in what direction. And, even when scientiists detect a solar emmision, we can't tell exactly how severe or what speed the solar flares are traveling. and we don't currently have a way of tracking them when they're headed right at us. We can only hope that
1. The gravitational influences on our solar system won't be as strong as expected as we pass through the galactic equator.
2. We don't get a direct hit.
"Now, if you'll excuse me, I seem to have misplaced my Illudium Pew-36 Explosive Space Modulator. I was quite looking forward to an earth shattering kaboom. Delays, delays."
As for me, I don't concern myself with the afterlife. I consider most religions as a convenient way for governments throughout and before recorded history to exert control over their people. Been there, tried it, done with that. I said done with that. And I mean it. That's just me. To each his/her own.

Turpin

#8 Post by Turpin »

disciple wrote: You do realise that the physicists and people claim not only that they can tell the stuff in the universe isn't infinite, but that the actual dimensions it exists in had a beginning?
It makes my head hurt to listen to such people, and I can't help wondering if there isn't something more useful they could be doing...
They could turn their backs to discovering the true nature of reality and blindly believe what's written in some book. I sure hope they don't pick one at random. We'd better let you choose the book. ;)

disciple

#9 Post by disciple »

We'd better let you choose the book.
That sounds like a good plan :)

Seriously, I also hope they don't choose a book at random and blindly believe what's written in it. They need to check it out, see if its true, test God to see if he's real and what he says is true... it is.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Pizzasgood

#10 Post by Pizzasgood »

I already know that if I throw a rock up in the air, it will come back and possibly put me to sleep for a while. I didn't even need God to tell me that. Does that mean I shouldn't want to know why or how it happens?
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

prehistoric

already predicted

#11 Post by prehistoric »

I've already met a prophet who was absolutely sure when the world would end - 1975!

Somehow, that hasn't been mentioned in my current reading, "A History of the End of the World", maybe it's later in the book.

Aitch

#12 Post by Aitch »

How the World will end?
Like this?
Attachments
bushwarsmalldv4.jpg
(20.97 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
alien_smilie.gif
(42.74 KiB) Downloaded 385 times

Pizzasgood

#13 Post by Pizzasgood »

Assuming the astrophysics guys know what they're talking about, the world as we know it will have ended within 900-1000 million years, when the sun will have heated up enough to boil away the oceans. Wait another 4-5 billion years for the sun to become a red giant and Earth will either be scorched further or pulled in and incinerated.

Of course, we could always just blow ourselves up now.

And you never know when an asteroid or ET will take interest in us.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Turpin

#14 Post by Turpin »

And humans will certainly have moved off the earth long before then. Unless 2012 or something else gets us. I have a feeling mankind is in for a few wake-up calls before we get the ability to move ourselves to other heavenly bodies. We've been lucky that no huge natural disasters have happened in the last couple of hundred years.

Yosemite is a supervolcano that could happen with very little notice. It's been getting more and more unstable. There are a few other potential supervolcanoes throughout the world. Think, a normal volcano, but much bigger, enveloping the entire planet in darkness, which kills off nearly all plant life on the planet.

I was watching a documentary a couple years ago about some giant rocky formations on some island that will some day let lose and fall into the ocean, creating a giant tsunami that would hit the United States east coast. Erm, I feel uncomfortable mentioning this one. Don't get any ideas, Osama. I'll feel morally obligated to make myself an Ironman style super-suit and personally kick some ars.

I have a bunch more examples of big bad things that want to extinguish us, but I can't remember all of them at the moment. We're all a bunch of teeny specks. I'd like to think important teeny specks. We do seem to be the most intelligent form of life I've ever encountered.

muggins

#15 Post by muggins »

I wish we had definitions on what, exactly "the world ends" means. Whose world? Which world? Surely, if disciple is right, my world won't end, but it will be transformed into an eternity of hellfire. I'd better stock up on crumpets!

Turpin

#16 Post by Turpin »

Hmm, maybe it would be more "on the dot" to say "how the human species will end". But then the animal activists will hate me. "All life on earth" maybe, but likely whatever happens wouldn't kill off ALL life. I think REM said it best: "the end of the world as we know it". I just like how "HOW THE WORLD WILL END" looks in those big bold letters. :lol:

muggins

#17 Post by muggins »

Thanks for clarifying Turpin...now I understand. The world, as I know it, ends every night, when my head hits the pillow. Mysteriously, it's resurrected the next day! Was it on this forum, just recently, where I saw a quote from Bertrand Russell where he mentioned meeting someone that claimed to be a solipsist, and that they couldn't understand why everyone else didn't adhere to this creed?

Aitch

#18 Post by Aitch »

YAY to crumpets!

Aitch
Attachments
diablo.gif
(24.2 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

Marcel

End of the world - when?

#19 Post by Marcel »

I can say with absolute certainty that this world (Earth) - will end sometime between now and a few billion years. so why worry? :)
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

sunburnt

#20 Post by sunburnt »

Muggins has the right idea... Food will be the biggest problem of all.
Already seen in nearly every county, except the rationally prepared ones.
Much info & speculation abound, one thing's certain... Changes are afoot!