Wireless

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
donde

Wireless

#1 Post by donde »

Been at it all weekend. Connected once a few days ago. Then did something, now will not. Downloaded bcm43xx driver, and installed. Not sure why I need it, for see bcm43xx without it. Also see 8139too also, which is the LAN driver. Get alive condition of eth1 OK, and made WPA profile named NETGEAR and essid NETGEAR. Put in shared key. Saved it. Click on Use this profile. Tries for WPA connection. See little screens on task bar lighting up both ways. But no indication of success. Just reverts to "Wireless" button screen. I can scan and shows my Netgear router, but no strength. Clicking on DHCP really makes things fail. After that eth1 fails to be alive. Unload bcm43xx, and reload sometimes brings eth1 back. It's just one big merry go round. Very very frustrating. Have not tried with no encryption. Really don't want that. Laptop is my normal XP machine. When I save it's to D drive, FAT32, nothing else but Puppy on it. Removed everything and started fresh many times. Know I'm now going in circles. Maybe someone can sort it all out. Ask me questions and I'll work with you. Wireless worked once for a few hours. Then I somehow blew it. I'm not complaining about the people that worked on the wizard, like rarsa. It's just I'm in this stupid rut.
donde