Using Docker to play Magic: The Gathering Online

Play with your Puppy.
keithcleaver

Using Docker to play Magic: The Gathering Online

#1 Post by keithcleaver »

Hi everyone!

I used to use Puppy back in the old days, and have returned after seeing an announcement on DistroWatch about 8.0. I absolutely love it, as it's making my 10 year old PC run like new again.

I've been a bit of a Distro hopper, but one of the things I always do when changing distros is to follow the instructions here to be able to run Magic Online using a Docker container.

So far, I've been able to download and install Docker using the PPM and then rebooting, but trying to run the script gives me
Error: You should not run this as root.
I realised I needed to run it as a regular user, so I've added the spot user to the docker group. When I login to spot in the terminal and then try to run the file again, it gives me this error:
docker volume create mtgo-data-spot
Cannot connect to the docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
I would usually use a systemctl command to try and get it working, but Puppy for some reason dosen't like it. How can I get docker to run?

takenp

#2 Post by takenp »

Hi there

Puppy does not have systemd so there is no systemctl at all

What I remember -- when I was playing around with docker and was installing it via ppm -- 1'st it can be run on x64 only and 2'nd docker daemon could not be installed. But I can be wrong )