Real time clock

Booting, installing, newbie
pattpup

Real time clock

#1 Post by pattpup »

Downloaded Puppy 2.14 and burned to a multisession CD. Booted on a Dell C840 laptop like a charm. The display has a nVidia GeForce4 440 chipset that supports 1600x1200 but xorg says "command not found" at this resolution. Runs fine at 1400x1050. Detects my USB mouse properly and I set up my wireless WPA-TKIP connection with no problem. Also got my HP LJ-5L printer (running from a USB port) up with no hassle.
So far Puppy rocks.
But the clock does not work (in the lower right corner). Also when I return to Windows I have lost time. For example if I spend 1 hour in Puppy then the time reported by Windows is 1 hour late: i.e. my laptop has "lost" an hour. Not a big deal (a couple of mouse clicks to a NTP server sets things right) but why does Puppy kill the real time clock?? I did a search in this forum but came up empty.
Can anyone point me to a fix for this problem? Thanks.

Scoticus

Real time clock

#2 Post by Scoticus »

It would help if you could provide us with your location. Are you suffering from the latest daylight saving nonsense in the US ?

We need clear and precise information to assist.

Looking forward to your response

pattpup

Fixed??

#3 Post by pattpup »

Today I do not have the problem - the clock is running. I am in the Eastern time zone. I have applied a patch to all my machines running
Windows that took care of the extended DST nonesense. The one hour example was just that. I could have said 37m27s (or whatever the actual delay was: some 3 hours and minutes. Don't remember now)

I must have, in my newbie fumbling, somehow have shut the clock off. Is this possible?