3 varied bugs, 2.14

Please post any bugs you have found
orbisvicis

3 varied bugs, 2.14

#1 Post by orbisvicis »

I do not know if these are bugs with 2.14 or not, but here goes:

swapoff using MUT takes no more than thirty seconds. Swapoff at shutdown takes much more time.

Unmounting in MUT sometimes (very rarely) crashes puppy. Usually when I unmount the media I booted from (though not always) even though I run entirely in ram, aside from a swap partition which I do not always use.
edit: If I have a puppy save file - that might then mean that i do not run entirely in ram - and run the entire thing from usb drive, should I even see the option to unmount the usb drive? Sometimes the unmount button is there, sometimes not.

Puppy univeral installer does not seem to always work. Twice I have installed it to sda11 (internal sata hd) and set it as the boot partition (before that I though it was the bootloader) and I get error message about no operating system.

Also:
gxine lags when running from ram. (never tried on hd install) Is this b/c its continuously caching or b/c its running from ram?

orbisvicis

Gekko

#2 Post by Gekko »

Installing to hard drive takes multiple times usually with me, this needs to be looked into.