Solid state adapter, Is there such a thing?

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
mdd

1.8" afapters?

#21 Post by mdd »

Does anyone know of a good source for adapters for 1.8" IDE drive connectors? My Fujitsu 1510 has one of these tiny things. Apparently it's the same drive that the iPod uses.

--MDD
the_beast

Re: 1.8" afapters?

#22 Post by the_beast »

mdd wrote:Does anyone know of a good source for adapters for 1.8" IDE drive connectors? My Fujitsu 1510 has one of these tiny things. Apparently it's the same drive that the iPod uses.

--MDD
I believe 1.8" drives and CF cards use the same 50-pin ZIF socket. Pull out the disk and check - it should match the CF card. The two should be entirely compatible, and the socket for the 1.8" drive should fit the 'rails' along the edges of the CF and hold it secure enough that it doesn't need to be fixed in with screws etc.

Earlier 1.8" drives used the same connector as 2.5" drives, but they were too low capacity to find in laptops so it probably isn't one of those.
bobn9lvu

#23 Post by bobn9lvu »

Hey, I just saw a 8gig CF card for under $70..... Unbeleivable...

Bob
[color=blue][size=150][b]Puppy Linux - [/b][/size][/color][color=red][size=150][b]Lift your leg at Redmond.[/b][/size][/color] :P :twisted: :P