No audio control!

Booting, installing, newbie
wegstar

No audio control!

#1 Post by wegstar »

Hello all, I have a SIS SI7012 C-Media Electronics CMI9739 sound card that uses the snd-intel8x0 module. In alsamixer, I cannot adjust the volume, adjusting the level in the column labeled "Master" or "PCM" does not change the volume. Only muting "PCM", mutes the volume... The volume is easily adjusted in say, a media player, but it does not work elsewhere.. does anybody know how I can adjust the volume?

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#2 Post by GuestToo »

when i connect my soundblaster card to my speakers using a digital cable, the Master volume doesn't do anything (the speakers' volume control works) ... the Wave volume control controls the volume when playing an audio file like an mp3 ... the Synth volume control affects the volume of midi files

wegstar

#3 Post by wegstar »

Well it seems that the PCM controls the sound from every sound producing application... and what's more is that I can't adjust the volume.. there's only "on" (changing the volume to any level) and "off" - (muted).

Kal

#4 Post by Kal »

I am guessing that your running Puppy2.16.

You might be getting some interplay with Puppy sound mixer. I do when the two mixers are displayed. They seem to fight a little, so I just use Puppy sound mixer, it has the control on my system. Take a look, it may help.

Good Luck, Kal

Th3_uN1Qu3

#5 Post by Th3_uN1Qu3 »

The Puppy sound mixer loads pretty slow for me, so i use zmixer (available from the PETget package manager). Works just fine. ;)
[b]Toshi Portege 4010[/b] | PIII Tualatin 933MHz | 512MB RAM | Cyberblade 16MB | 30GB | WiFi, IrDA | ~5 hrs runtime | WinMe :( |

[img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8125/userbar654682fy5.gif[/img]