Announcing Puppy 2.16 NOP

News, happenings
Superlatino

wonderfull

#41 Post by Superlatino »

Well, it's hard, if not impossible to download NOP. links are ok, but when i download, only download 49 or 21 Mb and cut trasmnission and say complete download , i dont understand why, please help, sorry my english is bad , i speak spanish only, :oops: please can you put puppy 216 NOP in torrent?

thanks answer question.

klu9

#42 Post by klu9 »

@Superlatino & others having difficulty getting NOP

You can download NOP from BOTH mirrors simultaneously now, if you have a Metalink-capable download manager.

1. Copy the MD5 for NOP ( cd5f41dc77f0a97174af9942a5b2849e )

2. Visit MetaMirrors and paste the MD5 into the box marked "Create a Metalink from the file's MD5 hash", and click "MetaMirror by MD5".

3. Save the MetaLink file to your computer, then open it with your download manager. NOP will begin to download.

I'm doing this right now (using Orbit Downloader in MS Windows XP). I started the download 10 minutes ago and have already received 25% (pretty good for my Internet connection). It is downloading from both pkagfiles.net AND puppyisos.org. If one fails, it will simply continue from the other. If both fail, Orbit can resume at anytime; no need to start again from zero.

If anybody comes up with more mirrors for NOP, please add the URL of its MD5 to the MetaMirrors database; paste the URL into the box marked "Help us and report a hashfile url" and click the button marked "Report hasfile url"

PS: already at 48% and still going strong

klu9

#43 Post by klu9 »

Update: the pkagfiles.net mirror stopped serving during my download of NOP (at about 80% complete); but the puppyisos mirror continued the download. Success!

Total time 1hr and 1 sec. Pretty good for my connection considering I had eMule and Shoutcast going at the same time.

klu9

#44 Post by klu9 »

I've made a page on NOP on the Puppy wiki, with basic info, download links and a link to this thread.

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PuppyNOP

oh, I also added it to the list of puppy-derivatives on the VersionsPuppy page

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#45 Post by Lobster »

Nice Klu 9

Created and added logo (Xara) :)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Artie

#46 Post by Artie »

Thanks Pence for info on Flash version. Sorry for late acknowledgment.

Artie

stevesr0

Also cannot download

#47 Post by stevesr0 »

I have tried on three or four different occasions on two or three days at different times and haven't been able to download more than a 30 Megb file.

I admit I haven't tried the dual download approach, but this hasn't usually been necessary for me in the past.

Steve

klu9

#48 Post by klu9 »

I finally worked how to post a metalink for NOP. well actually it's a cheat: it's a regular link that will automatically search for & provide a metalink from MetaMirrors based on a file URL. (It's also on the NOP wiki page)

PuppyNOP metalink

@stevesr0 et al.
seriously, use a good download manager & the metalink; the download will continue/resume from any mirror. No need to keep re-trying. I made a MetaLink page on the Wiki for quick explanation & links to downloaders etc.

<end metalink fanboying now>
:D

vientito

#49 Post by vientito »

so sorry to ask a dumb question here... since i have not been following the development of puppy for a while, i am not sure what i understand by application replacement. Does it work simply by downoading a huge openoffice.sfs and put in in /mnt/home instead of the original pup216.sfs? do i have to physically remove pup216.sfs to make way for the OO.sfs to be plugged in? thanks in advance for reply.

puppyluvr

#50 Post by puppyluvr »

:D vientito,
Sorry for the late response...
You use the sfs files together, at the same time...

Gotta work on that response time........... :roll:

droope

#51 Post by droope »

Give yourself a break :wink: Only two years late.