Puppy 4.0 can't use unknown USB ethernet NIC

Booting, installing, newbie
wwrafter1

Puppy 4.0 can't use unknown USB ethernet NIC

#1 Post by wwrafter1 »

The network is working fine. I have a high speed cable connection with a router for my three computers. Just purchased a new usb ethernet nic. I could not get it to work on my winbook laptop. The computer is a 400mhz cpu with 256mb ram. I tried it out using another os dsl and also not able to connect.

I think it is needing a driver. The card came with windows drivers but not for linux. Can I get it to work on my Winbook or do I need another nic. :shock:

trucker33377

#2 Post by trucker33377 »

ok frist off what do you have for a nic? it may work but without knowing what it is its hard to say.

wwrafter1

#3 Post by wwrafter1 »

trucker33377 wrote:ok frist off what do you have for a nic? it may work but without knowing what it is its hard to say.
I have a generic usb ethernet dongle. The thing lights up. I think it is connected to the network

trucker33377

#4 Post by trucker33377 »

i have one of thos i got at pc shop light blinks but it wouldnt on on line till i found the right driver. when you try to connect does it see anything? there is a list of drivers there you can try them. just load one if it sees your line ok if not it will tell you unload and auto search agian untill you find it or you run out of options. if that happens find out what generic dongle you have read thru post here and google