Windows has Secret NSA Backdoor

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
Bruce B

#21 Post by Bruce B »

markofkane,

I think you're right. Why not get them on the highway? (also)

When on the Information Highway, keep it clean, might be a good
precept to live by.

Bruce

steve_s

#22 Post by steve_s »

To further fan the flames of the conspiracy theorists...

I spoke with a friend who has directly dealt with the NSA. I mentioned this thread...

His response, "Oh, absolutely. How do you think they catch illegal music downloaders so quickly?" He's a linux-er now, too.

8)

El Cid

#23 Post by El Cid »

steve_s wrote:To further fan the flames of the conspiracy theorists...

I spoke with a friend who has directly dealt with the NSA. I mentioned this thread...

His response, "Oh, absolutely. How do you think they catch illegal music downloaders so quickly?" He's a linux-er now, too.

8)
oh good god you are gonna fan those flames with that......but it does beg the question to be asked: exactly how did the music industry court the nsa to help them?

Bruce B

#24 Post by Bruce B »

All the reading I've done about music filesharing and the RIAA has
been about civil law.

A lot has been published about this. Depositions taken, expert
witness. We know how they get their information, even to the point
of harsh cross examination.

Of course if we find a government agency aligning themselves in
nothing more than civil issues and secretly feeding information
AND it was ever proven, the whole thing would flip flop.

It would be a literal field day for the defendants and their attorneys.
Too much money to be obtained. Too much of a slam dunk. It's too
good to be true. Way too good.

shroomy_bee

#25 Post by shroomy_bee »

As folks that work in it have said, "the music industry is a cut-throat business". Or, just look at that Metallica artwork to understand what is really going on in most of it - the one with the angel that is tied up and like forced to sing and play.

What's basically happening is that acoustic talents and live electronic talents are having to pay huge amounts of money to be able to record and produce and press and distribute anything they want heard anyplace other than where-when they are playing it. So there's a HUGE amount of other people who depend on having jobs in all that middleman bit.
Sure, it's much easier recently to make your own music at home, if you have a PC and some instruments and software etc, and you can sell it direct if you want.
It depends what you want to be a musician for - I gather its easier to become a famous celebrity if you are primarily wanting - fame. Coverage in mainstream all-owned-by-the-same-'satan' media. Welcome to the land of the giant ego, where old Greek God legends continue to be played out in gossip columns, and others soap opera lifestyles are embellished upon by dullards starved of anything better to do.

As to kernel spying, built in tracking and that kind of thing......ooooh, the clean kernel I don't think is what anyone so inclined to worry about such things should focus upon. You want to consider what it in the hardware itself and on the chips. How long would it take to check all the circuits........hell, look at the size of those RFID trackers they already put on clothes and things like food products, in all new cars.
If people want to waste their lives spying on others and assimilating data on them - that's up to them. But yeah, it's sucks a lot more if you don't know how to see what those people are in context, so therefore know that it is they who are the ones in chains, in their own little matrixes chomping on IV blue pills and all that. Anything to stop the awareness of reality from dawning on their minds.

I believe though that the NSA may have come up with something useful in the SE kernel. Security wise it does seem a good design, but you would need trained trusted personnel to be in charge of each process or service separately, otherwise you end up with a root-superuser situation anyway.