Useful and Useless thinking

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
hillside

#41 Post by hillside »

Hmm. You learn something new everyday.

I wonder where the names come from.

I don't have the proper setup on my computer to enable kanji, but:
Tachikoma = Sword-Spinning Top? The kanji would make it clear.

Pizzasgood

#42 Post by Pizzasgood »

japanese-fonts.pup

But, it's spelled with katakana, not kanji, so that won't help you find meaning.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

Aitch

#43 Post by Aitch »

hillside, you seem to have drawn the same venom is I did, - it seems like a habit

Maybe there's more similarity between shroomy_bee and the Tachikoma

from wikipedia
Though they possess individual artificial intelligence, every night they are synchronised, so they start the next day with identical consciousnesses that are each the sum of their total collective experience and development. This leads to identity confusion, since each Tachikoma has the same memories.

A notable paradox arises from this synchronization, however. Though the Tachikoma have identical memories, their personalities and opinions are distinct. During the Stand Alone Complex series, an episode is entirely devoted to discussions among them.

It is explained in the last episode of the first season that it is their curiosity that lets them be different from each other. It is curiosity that saves a personality from dying when linked with others.
Please shroomy, I don't dislike you......nor fancy you, - I thought that was all cleared up
Can you remove your [rude] reference to me, as suggested by PG?
Or are you genuinely suffering the identity confusion, referenced above?
a bit 'borg', if you think about it, not individual, at all

Aitch :)

shroomy_bee

#44 Post by shroomy_bee »

That doesn't make sense - so what if my avatar doesn't match up with my username? Neither does yours. Neither does many others'. Why waste time asking things that don't even apply to you etc?

And can anyone who wasn't dropped on their head repeatedly explain to Aitch that trying to sound like you are not what someone else knows you are from years of personal experience, whilst doing the exact kind of things yet again in that same post that they just explained make you unworthy of communicating with to begin with, doesn't make any sense either;

I mean what kind of mental age is that, about 2 at most? Am I meant to go lookup a picture of a boy and a dog, then find a description of such an image to quote from, as though to indicate my confusion as to why the holder of said avatar doesn't or does behave according to their chosen picture upload.

Aitch - I know what you're doing. I've seen it so many times. At best you were possessed by some entity that goes around puppeting folks to interact in a certain manner. (maybe you were in an 'ali-bali' cult in a previous or alternate life) I don't think you comprehend that it doesn't matter if anyone here is clueless about what is actually going on, and can be controlled by fake-reality into claiming they think so. They're still wrong! Not cause I say so; cause it's true! I found out about it and agreed, a very long time before I ever went online.

I don't care if what I say seems insane to some people, because they either don't know what is going on, or they do know and are part of the whole denial / pretending-not-to-know. The first kind I can't do anything about that, the second are worthless anyway.

btw, your username alone gives you away based only upon 'the science of names', as it's been known. So even if you don't know it, I can guarantee you you are working for the evil corrupteds, or lets say they can reach you by rootkit equivalents. As in psychic etheric versions of that, I don't mean your computer.
Fakes who think they are the green nazi's but are really just crackers: http://www. take a guess; how do you think they got that domain name??

shroomy_bee

#45 Post by shroomy_bee »

btw also Aitch, just so it might wake up anyone that reads this who doesn't understand what is going on, but aren't evil:

How does my hatred of you in any way make me identity confused?

Because if that were the case, it means that - you think that you are an aspect of me! You think there is a link between me and you.

Remember how I had explained that isn't the case, and your attempts to try to make it seem so are what prove that - at best - you're a puppet for the same old bs conspiracy that lies about everything.

The same tired old bs conspiracy that is centered around people trying to be versions of people, but they are not. They make it up for attention and because they reckon they can get something out of it.

If no - then by all means, as I have invited you before to, do explain how my hating you has any connections to the likes of my not knowing who I am.
If you're not part of that same bs conspiracy, why would you suggest that I have an identity problem?

Best I can offer anyone that thinks they are me, or someone else they are not:

you are programed to think so, and used to lock-on psychically to other peoples minds.

I've seen it a billion times. They originally started trying it on me because I openly said what they were up to, after having observed it time and again. YES multiple incarnations exist, YES I've written a lot about that elsewhere, NO you are not any of mine and neither is anyone else that ever claimed so the way your kind do - it is easy to tell. I wouldn't do it that way at all, so if someone else does then - surprise surprise - they aren't me then.
I am aware of what I am all about, and it's nothing whatsoever like what you are all about! = you aren't me! You're just a psychic spy or are being used as a vessel by some remote viewer / astral projector type of person.

Black magic - don't mess with it!
Fakes who think they are the green nazi's but are really just crackers: http://www. take a guess; how do you think they got that domain name??

shroomy_bee

#46 Post by shroomy_bee »

Also, I think you'll find that the description of the Tachikoma's is meant to match up to the concept of something like shared memory distributed systems anyway, and wouldn't even in the event of an actual AI of that type existing result in an identity crisis anymore than linking a bunch of individual computers together with a standard cut-through switch would confuse each computer as to which computer it was.

Aitch

#47 Post by Aitch »

I say again
shroomy must be the only personal insulter allowed on this forum
See, there you go, can't resist it, claiming all those 'special powers' unto yourself, claiming everything [one] else is BS

THAT IS the identity crisis I'm referring to
Pizzasgood wrote:Aitch is in her "interests" line? :lol: There's some irony.

But yeah, you should probably remove that Shroomy. I have to draw a line somewhere.
That was all I referred to, asking you to remove personal reference in your profile, thus:-
Edited out, as it is no longer relevant!
Agreed I am not you. not remotely, absolutely NOTHING like you - thankfully

I am quite happy being who I am, who you DO NOT KNOW, though profess such knowledge
To the best of my knowledge we have never met
I do not follow you round forums, since I do not go on many forums, and our obvious interests are miles apart

I like humour, you like bitching, moaning & being hypercritical of anything that doesn't come up to your view of reality
My view of reality is also thankfully different to yours, as mine has friendly people in it, who enjoy my world view, humour, interests, etc

My avatar, yes, again humour, - boy & dog, representing me [at 61 still a boy] & an American Bulldog friend of mine; she is lovely, again, unlike you

You just can't resist can you :-
....trying to sound like you are not what someone else knows you are from years of personal experience, whilst doing the exact kind of things yet again in that same post that they just explained make you unworthy of communicating with to begin with....
Aitch - I know what you're doing. I've seen it so many times. At best you were possessed by some entity that goes around puppeting folks to interact in a certain manner. (maybe you were in an 'ali-bali' cult in a previous or alternate life)
Yes I snipped it, not out of context, as it is there for all to see

Years of personal experience, & you know??? - BS

Unfortunately for you, I have many years of experience more than you, and would not DARE to presume to tell someone possessed of more experience than I, that I know them & their experience, or reality

To me that's the REAL giveaway about you, shroomy

Jay [puppyluvr] posted about this already; we each have different realities, however when our paths cross, as is happening here in this forum, it is only a virtual reality, as you disappear when I turn off my PC, or log off the forum, & I likewise for you, & everyone else

Yet you presume & espouse some ACTUAL reality, [that exists only in your mind], and sadly it seems to consist regularly of some necessity to include & insult me
btw, your username alone gives you away based only upon 'the science of names', as it's been known. So even if you don't know it, I can guarantee you you are working for the evil corrupteds
My username is simply my nickname given me by friends who don't like Henry, my birthname; so sad that you see so much in it,
It doesn't cause ME any problems, other than you - you maybe the very 'corrupted' to drive me away, though you will not corrupt me - many have tried & failed
How does my hatred of you in any way make me identity confused? Because if that were the case, it means that - you think that you are an aspect of me! You think there is a link between me and you.
That's simple even for a 2 year old - the fact that you project such venom onto such a virtual relationship, of which you claim special knowledge, then profess to hate it, is like a blind man professing to hate his white stick
You obviously NEED the crutch of support your hatred gives you, as were you truly anywhere near to being at peace with yourself, by knowing yourself, you would know that hatred is a form of love
It is as powerful a passion and targeted only at the one whom you choose

I do NOT go out of my way to seek such attention, neither do I need it
If you're not part of that same bs conspiracy, why would you suggest that I have an identity problem?
See above, as it is YOUR BS that is the indicator, for all to see
You're just a psychic spy or are being used as a vessel by some remote viewer / astral projector type of person.
You, You, You, - always your posts are outward projected and accusative - psychic? phooey youey
Black magic - don't mess with it!
No, I don't, nor should you, as you clearly are vulnerable to a takeover of & via your insult projector

I dare you, or anyone, compare your posts about me to mine about you!!

No, on 2nd thoughts, enough already, however, on balance, are most of your posts designed to help people or otherwise? I stand on my (public) record !!

I've tried being pleasant, as I do not wish to unleash countermeasures here in this forum, as I am proud of what I contribute, despite not having 'rollicking good support' every time I post - I am not seeking such either, just a fair balance, is all

I'll ask one more time, then, if I have no success, I'll bid farewell to everyone here, as you are driving me quite doolally, to an audience, no less, so I hope whatever perversity you get out of it affects you for a long time, as clearly those mushrooms have

I, however, just want to enjoy this forum, and the comments given and received from friendly people

Since, in your reality 'friendly' is obviously a scary phenomenon, and threat is your tool of choice, I am quite prepared to leave the forum to you, and those who seem to be accepting of it, since I have not really felt a great deal of compassion coming my way, & it tires me

Your insistence of prolonging some feud with me has had its day, done its time, & like the monk said to the pupil,
"Are you still carrying that woman? I put her down miles back"

I'm sure someone can point you to this story, if you don't know it

I'll ask one last time - can your nasty comments about me please be removed - I've done my best to answer your 3 posts in one, without resorting to your bad taste, I hope?

[Audience participation welcome :wink: ]

I shouldn't have to appeal to mods, yet there are limits, for everyone..... :(

Now for another 'unpopular idea' as per thread
The Art of Tolerance

excerpts from an essay by Wilfred A. Peterson

Tolerance is warm. It reaches out the hand of friendship in spite of all differences.

Tolerance is understanding.

Tolerance is deep. It creates a foundation of faith in humanity underneath disagreements, thus preventing prejudice and resentment. It may reject the argument, but it always respects the man....

Tolerance refuses to hate....

Tolerance is sympathetic. It looks through mental barriers into the human heart....

Tolerance does not look down on others, it looks up to them....

Tolerance towers above differences. It is bigger than race, color, creed, or politics.
Edit:
Quote edited out, having demonstrated a point - no longer necessary
Last edited by Aitch on Sun 07 Dec 2008, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

Pizzasgood

#48 Post by Pizzasgood »

I agree with Aitch. At the worst, he has made a few jokes and suggestions that you don't really know what you're talking about. You, on the other hand, have done little besides attack him, and much more intensely than anything he said. At first I figured you were just pissed because you took his comments too personally. I figured big deal. Ain't gonna kill anybody to call names on a forum. But carrying on like this for months is just stupid and childish.

Breaking news: The world doesn't revolve around Shroomy. Nobody gives enough of a crap to have a conspiracy against you. We have better things to do. Stop overanalyzing everything.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]

hillside

#49 Post by hillside »

Zowie, Pizzasgood!!!

Thanks for putting me onto the Japanese fonts. I knew something like this was available, but I didn't realize how great it was.

My family hosted Japanese exchange students when our kids were in school. It was incredible fun. I've tried to learn to speak, read, and write some Japanese over the years, not that I'll ever be proficient, but I think it helps to understand a culture a bit better if you are somewhat familiar with their language. We still keep in touch, by writing back and forth. I hope to meet them face to face again some day before the darkness closes in.

Again, thank you for putting the fonts right in front of me. I'm giddy with delight.

Aitch

#50 Post by Aitch »

Flash wrote:I changed the subject line and made it into a sticky. It's the forum's official Code of Conduct until something better comes along.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=34480

For those who don't know there IS a Code of Conduct......

shroomy_bee

#51 Post by shroomy_bee »

Balls. You're in over your tiny inadequate heads AND YOU KNOW IT.

*flounder flounder*

"I say again" - really, do you?? Cause I also say again: the mere fact that you were checking my profile in the first place, speaks volumes.

Unless you have a clue as to what is really going on, then you are part of that dum-dum conspiracy even if you don't know it.

Funny how those enbroiled in such things always manage to twist coherent non-egotistical explanations to being about their own main reasons for being liars etc to begin with: oh you think the world revolves around you etc.

It's obvious I don't - and it's obvious that you think so about yourself. Otherwise you would never read such words as I wrote and draw that kind of conclusion from them. If someone highlights a real problem, and makes clear it isn't just something about them, then how can you possibly think they are being egotistical loons - because, that is how your mind works.

And that's what the problem is. No - there isn't special treatment in my favor, there's special treatment in YOUR favor. Hence why I stopped contributing etc as previously explained. YOU are allowed to act up without any good reasons to do so, and YOU think that I and probably others should accept that. But I refuse to - and that is when you begin to turn around what actually describes you as though it describes me.

Even all those factual disagreements on various topics - there are some here that match up their personal egos to their ideas! So it becomes impossible to have any dialogue with them, because you aren't communicating with an actual soul, you are only communicating with someone whose concern is to promote a specific wrong point of view about the universe, based on second hand information that they didn't even think through themselves.
So if you "dare" (in their massive-ego way of seeing it, oh! you have to be brave to go up against that status-quo of the idea police, despite their ideas not in fact explaining much of the universe at all and really being entirely full of holes) to offer varying points of view, they call you all the things that they are.

Try to separate theories about how things work from your personal character; they don't have anything to do with one another, particularly when you get your info only from other people, whom you haven't ever met.

The reason anyone would associate personal feelings with others' ideas, is because they're all possessed by the same entity, that promotes that dum-dum view of how things are in the first place. You feel its pain that its crappy hold over this world is coming apart.

Pizzasgood

#52 Post by Pizzasgood »

If people complain to me about somebody having personal insults about them in their profile, the insults will be removed. Therefor there is no longer a personal insult about Aitch in your profile.

Feel free to replace it with insults against me if it makes you feel better. I won't remove those, because I don't really give a crud. Just so many more meaningless bytes floating across the web.

Aitch

#53 Post by Aitch »

The voice of reason reigns supreme :wink:
post edited likewise
Thanks, PG

aarf

#54 Post by aarf »

Pizzasgood wrote:I think that house-blimps would be all kinds of fun. For example, you could have a small "mini-blimp" with a basic auto-pilot to use as a ferry, so that you could skydive from your front porch, and while you fold up your 'chute the mini-blimp would home in on you and then give you a lift back up. Probably a house-blimp would only work if you are retired/unworking, or if you have a job where you don't actually have to go into the office much. Unless, that is, your company doesn't mind you "parking" the blimp in the sky up above their building. Actually, they might like it. Free publicity.

Would be best to have it all solar powered, of course. And since it's a blimp, you can float up above the clouds to get more light.

The main issues would probably be water and weather. But maybe you could scoop water out of clouds? Not sure how thick they are, so that may not be feasible. It would be handy though, because then you wouldn't have to store as much water onboard (water is very heavy). As for weather, I'm not sure that simply flying over it would be an option. And you'd be in a BIG honking blimp for it to be able to lift enough to be considered a house-blimp, so being blown around is a serious issue. Blimps aren't very fast either, so outrunning the storm isn't really an option.

But I think that, given the option of being near the ground but not tethered, and being up in the middle of the storm, you'd be best off up in the storm, so long as your blimp is sturdy. After all - it is a blimp, not a plane. Being knocked around a little isn't enough to crash it. Might make you airsick, but so long as you have enough sense to have everything arranged so that a little rocking and rolling won't knock everything over, you should be fine.

But aside from those problems, the REAL problem is that a houseblimp would probably be very expensive.
pizza, you maybe interested in this
Month-long aircraft flights
just cant see how youre going to get the pizza delivery man to call though.

shroomy_bee

#55 Post by shroomy_bee »

Ooh, special treatment and double standards again! Aitch is allowed to complain and if he does y'all go running to please him; but if someone like me complains you don't even respond to why whatever got deleted or why whoever is allowed to be an abusive twat.

And to think he's the one with the cheek to try calling me 'miss piggy'. I am interested though - what is about some people that everyone thinks they have the right to act up and be a complete Jewish Princess? but other folks you don't care about.

Pizzasgood

#56 Post by Pizzasgood »

Does he have insults toward you in his profile that you would wish removed? No. But if he did, I would remove them.

No double standard there.

As for the Miss-Piggy incident, if I recall correctly that only happened after you had already given him more than enough reason to lash out, if you can even call that lashing out.
Aitch is allowed to complain
Yes he is. And so are you. You've done quite a lot of it.
if someone like me complains you don't even respond to why whatever got deleted or why whoever is allowed to be an abusive twat.
I don't recall every instance of complaining. Some of it looked very much like a tantrum to me, and I don't respond well to tantrums. As for Aitch's "abuse", all I've seen is him responding to you more or less the same way he responds to anything. I asked him to stop, because it seemed to particularly offend you. As far as I am aware, he mostly did stop.

From what I have seen, you've been much more abusive than he has. Your stuff has much more venom in it, anyway.

@aarf: Well, the idea behind using an airship instead of a plane is that it stays afloat automatically. When a plane breaks down, you have to hope the controls still work so that you can attempt an emergency landing. If an airship breaks down things are less serious and happen more slowly. And it will break down, because it will be in use 24-7-52.

DaveS

#57 Post by DaveS »

Hmmm. Interesting thread........................
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pigshed

#58 Post by pigshed »

DaveS wrote:Hmmm. Interesting thread........................
Are you sewing ? and giving a running commentary ?? We'd like a picture when you're done... :D

------------------------------------------
Blimey, you don't look at off-topic for a few weeks and see what you miss !

I'd never thought of Murga-Linux as a dating site and certainly not a morphological psychological one. But there it was all along hiding right before my eyes.... Where do I put my details in ? I'm looking for a trans dimensional time and light bending female with hobbies such as astral projection, psychic spying or possible interests in voodoo or general heeby geebies . Aitch, I'm sorry, I know you seem to be the forums equivalent of Tom Jones - but you're the wrong sex for my preferences.

Just quickly browsing through the many quotes of chaos, I find a quick question ...
ShroomyMcBeeSpiritualdeporter wrote:Best I can offer anyone that thinks they are me, or someone else they are not:

you are programed to think so, and used to lock-on psychically to other peoples minds.
If people think they are you (shroomy) and make posts as you (I think that's the implication) then how do we know that you are the real shroomy and not just someone who thinks they are you due to there programming.

It begs the question, do you think you are you ?

So, what are you using there DaveS , cotton, nylon or something more exotic ?

Aitch

#59 Post by Aitch »

pigshed
Don't you start, ....

As I recall it was you who started all this autosuggestion malarky

You've been cloned, is all I see :wink:

Pizzasgood

perhaps you can modify these designs, for larger scale?

http://www.transitionalspecies.com/blubber.html

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blog/show ... st%3A44817

http://www.alavs.com/

Personal alavs can't be that far away, surely?

Attachments
Blubber Bot.jpg
(23.56 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

pigshed

#60 Post by pigshed »

I've been cloned ..

I hadn't even realised ! Am I the clone or the original ? have my thoughts been transfered.

Oh god, there should be two of me here arguing about who is me - but there's not .. So either original me or clone me is somewhere else, if they're somewhere else, they must think they're someone else .. oh god, me or clone me might have been programmed to think they're Shrooms ... Noooooooooo she's right ..... me or other me is other shroomy.

Back to the original subject.... Me, or other me, is slightly confused as to why you think the idea of flight enabled colostomy bags might take off .. :wink:

I suppose the kit which enables the unit to home in on cellphone signals could be useful, maybe I should be investing heavily in "Dial a bag" , though I'm not sure how the public will adapt to the idea of being buzzed by a low flying colostomy bag winging it's way to it's next needy owner.