pWidgets 2.5.8

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
trio

#1941 Post by trio »

Sigmund and all

I've been playing with NOP and realize something, maybe we can make some of pwidgets feature to work but like the sidebar, when a pupplet doesn't use wallpaper setter as the default background setter (in NOP's case is xfce) the sidebar simply won't work, it can be done by makin spesific changes accordingly, but it will be for each pupplet not all pupplets. So, I'm dropping my aim to make a universal pwidgets.

Thanks
01micko

#1942 Post by 01micko »

01micko wrote:
01micko wrote:Sigmund!

You will have to fix your link in the GUI `Help|More widgets on the web´

http://www.puppylinux.org/wiki/applicat ... s/pwidgets

Cheers

Mick
Hang on for a while. old link is back up, but the new link is more appropriate so we should change to it.

Cheers
What actually happened here is that it was moved bi admins to a more appropriate thread but when I iformed them that we had vital links to the original URL they moved it back, I spose the move should go ahead, but as I said the link in `Help´'would need to be changed for the next Pwidgets version.

Cheers

Mick
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access
zigbert

#1943 Post by zigbert »

trio
Sidebar trouble without the puppy wallpapersetter will be fixed if Patriot makes a transparent container for Pwidgets. - Don't rush, let time work for a while. In some time we put together what we have.

Sigmund
zigbert

#1944 Post by zigbert »

Mick

If we move to http://www.puppylinux.org/wiki/applicat ... s/pwidgets after Puppy 4.2, we have plenty of time to restructure things.

Sigmund
trio

#1945 Post by trio »

Sigmund

You should be on a vacation! :)

Ok, we'll. Wait then

What about the fixwidget sleep at boot fix I made? I told whodo but no answer yet, it works great for me, on previous page

Thanks
zigbert

#1946 Post by zigbert »

Version 2.0.6-4
See main post

This includes Trios fix for start/stop Pwidgets BEFORE user has changed wallpaper.

Sigmund
zigbert

#1947 Post by zigbert »

Trio
The sleepvalue in fixwidgets works now in Puppy 4.2 (or have I missed something) We deal with a more universial Pwidgets after Puppy 4.2 final. My intention is to remove the sleepvalue, because I don't think it's needed in jwm, but I don't dare to do it it this stage.

Sigmund
[/b]
zigbert

#1948 Post by zigbert »

Greetings from Longyearbyen :D
trio

#1949 Post by trio »

Sigmund

Sorry, It's on this page. Yes it works but presets to 2 seconds needed or not, also maybe on slow systems need more. pls try the fix, it works for me. It will auto detect if the desktop ready or not, then start rendering

Thanks
trio

#1950 Post by trio »

Minus 25 celcius will not be my dream of a vacation :) not for me
zigbert

#1951 Post by zigbert »

trio
Yes, I see. This should work perfectly :) . I will include it for next release (after Puppy 4.2).

You can do the same test in one code-line.

Code: Select all

[ ! "`xwininfo -root -tree | grep "$X_PIXELSx$Y_PIXELS+0+0" | tr -s ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f 2`" ] && $HOME/Startup/0_show_widgets

Sigmund
zigbert

#1952 Post by zigbert »

Tropical Trio
25 minus is no problem. Clothing is important.
Yesterday it was rather-extreme-mountain-skiing, today it's snowmobile to a russian village.

This is what Lobster would call - Friskiness. :D

Sigmund
trio

#1953 Post by trio »

Polar bear sigmund

Enjoy your cold vacation!

And yes, one line code also does it!

Cheers mate!
01micko

#1954 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote:Mick

If we move to http://www.puppylinux.org/wiki/applicat ... s/pwidgets after Puppy 4.2, we have plenty of time to restructure things.

Sigmund
8) Fine by me Boss Bling :wink:
01micko

#1955 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote:Tropical Trio
25 minus is no problem. Clothing is important.
Yesterday it was rather-extreme-mountain-skiing, today it's snowmobile to a russian village.

This is what Lobster would call - Friskiness. :D

Sigmund
.... that is 242°K ... mild compared to Mars 8)
Mars is the fourth planet from the sun. Since ancient times Mars has been an object of great interest to astronomers. The temperature at the planet's surface varies widely during the course of a Martian day, from about 186 K (-87 °C) just before dawn to about 253 K (-20 °C) in the afternoon.
Source...http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/Alb ... lman.shtml
a martian day is about 39.5 minutes longer than a terran day.
Source...http://www.astrobio.net/news/article721.html

What´s the night life like? :)
01micko

#1956 Post by 01micko »

Hi guys,

My last post gave me a very wild idea for a widget.

Mandriva has their world daylight desktop... or whatever they call it.

What about a night sky widget? I don´t even know if it is possible but could there be feeds of the night sky (and the day sky as if it were night) from different regions? Refreshing say every hour?

As I see it it could be split into seven regions... Arctic, Temperate (north of Cancer), Tropical (south of Cancer), Equatorial, Tropical (north of Capricorn), Temperate (south of Capricorn) and Antarctic.

Ridiculous?

Thoughts?

Possible?

I dunno! :lol: (Insert insults here) :lol:
tasmod

#1957 Post by tasmod »

When I started off with Moon phase, this was something i looked at.

problem is a lack of usable data, there are many websites with html pages but no xml or feeds with that type if data.
Spent ages online looking but don't let me put you off.

Similar to a request recently for planet alignment.

Radio Hams have solar data and atmosphere indexes as feeds but nothing usable for anything else.

NASA provide RSS feed of news and some data but not what you require.

Go for it Mick. I think Zigbert has some ideas he's holding back which will help with presentation.

Rob
Rob
-
The moment after you press "Post" is the moment you actually see the typso 8)
davesurrey

#1958 Post by davesurrey »

trio wrote:
making pwidgets decides for itself when to render
I tried this yesterday as I wanted to give you feedback but unfortunately it crashed my NOP413 system on rebooting the x-server. I couldn't use kill and had to do a dirty switch-off. Thereafter I couldn't even get to the x server and got bad nfs messages. Puppy is great but a few times when it has crashed it has corrupted the install so badly that I have felt it best to do a re-install. Yesterday was one of those days.
Oh well.

I see you have been using NOP and noticed that Sidebars don't work. Forgot to tell you that earlier. Apologies.
Cheers
Dave
trio

#1959 Post by trio »

davesurrey wrote:trio wrote:
making pwidgets decides for itself when to render
I tried this yesterday as I wanted to give you feedback but unfortunately it crashed my NOP413 system on rebooting the x-server. I couldn't use kill and had to do a dirty switch-off. Thereafter I couldn't even get to the x server and got bad nfs messages. Puppy is great but a few times when it has crashed it has corrupted the install so badly that I have felt it best to do a re-install. Yesterday was one of those days.
Oh well.

I see you have been using NOP and noticed that Sidebars don't work. Forgot to tell you that earlier. Apologies.
Cheers
Dave
Hey dave

Tried the script in NOP too, and ir worked..hmm funny huh? You should try the one liner sigmund suggested above, it should work the same way..

Yeah, no need apology..btw NOP is very good in rendering wallpaper!

Cheers
historymaker118

#1960 Post by historymaker118 »

Greetings,
I have been using pwidgets since version 0.3 (wow does that seem like a long time ago), and have had only a couple of minor problems which have been quickly and easily fixed mostly by installing the newest version with bug fixes, however I still think that they could be improved. :wink:
These are only suggestions and you can do with them what you like (I'm not a programmer - yet. (starting computer science degree in october :D )) Feel free to criticise and add your own ideas - after all you guys know whats possible and whats not. Here we go then:

1) Radio Widget - we have a widget that lets you watch tv - why not one which allows you to listen to radio. I tend to listen to it more on my computer than I do watching tv (and if your doing something on your computer like browsing internet or writing documents etc, then you can't see the desktop anyway.)

2) Improve To-do list - You should be able to read the whole text- currently you can't. Use different coloured text to show different priorities of tasks (eg Red Amber Green etc). Or even better replace it with a widget like the one in KDE 4 where you can type your notes directly in.

3) Add control buttons to Pmusic - It would be nice if you could be able to skip, stop, play and pause a track using the desktop widget rather than having to open up pmusic to do so. (Ok i'm a bit lazy but one thing I liked about windoze media player was the feature that allowed you to control it once it had been minimised)

I did have a few more, but a) I can't remember what they were, and b) I think that this lot should be enough for now to think about. Let me know what you think and if this suitable.