How to build puppy sound mixer

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Joydeep

How to build puppy sound mixer

#1 Post by Joydeep »

Dear list,

Hope I can get the clue here.

I have a debian box with icewm and absvolume as volume control icon. absvolume can also call external sound mixer. I like to have puppy sound mixer in debian box. could any one kindly suggest the under-lying S/W required to have puppy sound mixer. From an old post I have found setvol is required ( but it was puppy 2 as recall from memory ).

need your kind guidance.
Thanks

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

Just to clarify, you want to get the main mixer with all the controls working, not absvolume itself?
Puppy has been through a number of different mixers, which one is it? Or at least which Puppy version is it in?
Puppy 4.x uses sgmixer and alsamixer, which I don't think have any extra dependencies. Old puppies used xtmix or zmixer or possibly other things. (I like to use xtmix with alltray, so if I right-click on the tray icon it pops up, and if I right-click again it goes away, instead of opening a second mixer).
I don't know, but maybe Puppy 4.2 has Rarsa's volume control, which was used in late 2.x to 3.x. It requires gnocl and I think setvol.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Joydeep

#3 Post by Joydeep »

There you are; exactly grab the point. Yes I remember now " Rarsa's volume control" I hope I can get setvol in debian too but don't know about gnocl.

what else is required ?

Thanks a lot for pointing out the "ecact" thing
Have a nice time...

Joydeep

#4 Post by Joydeep »

sorry for the typing mistake.

"ecact" will be "exact"