live puppy doesn't recognize keyboard

Booting, installing, newbie
fuscia

live puppy doesn't recognize keyboard

#1 Post by fuscia »

i have a USB connected keyboard. i understand this might be a problem. if it's the only keyboard i have, should i just give up on puppy? (don't mean to be rude, just being practical.) thanks.

daxumaming

#2 Post by daxumaming »

give up on puppy? are you nuts man? i also have some problems with usb keyboard on 1.0.3 using the 2.4 kernel. maybe it lacks some proper usb support. but we just have to wait for a patch or a fix. just be patient man. i mean, instead of going back to windows and experience more problems. so far, the only problem i've had with puppy is the ntfs support (for the 2.6 kernel) and the usb keyboard (for the 2.4 kernel).

sure, puppy isn't perfect. got bugs, got issues, but not that big to call it a problem. try and download an iso, burn it, maybe install it to hard disk or just boot it from cd. if you encounter any problem, no big deal, just post it here and people will be more than happy to help you out.

in addition, Barry and the guys, posts bugs fixes, patches and updates not more than a week. Answers to questions are posted after a day or two.