Linksys WPC600N w/ IBM T20 Thinkpad

five

Linksys WPC600N w/ IBM T20 Thinkpad

#1 Post by five »

To get you up to speed:
I got an old IBM T20 Thinkpad for free. The specs are: 6GB hard drive, 384 MB Ram, the processor was 600 MHz I believe. I installed puppy, full version, using the 4.21 live cd and the one-click install script found on these forums. It is working, I can boot into it and play around.

In preparation for the wireless network that will have WPA2 encryption I had to get another wireless card. Newegg had a sale on this card for $20 bucks or so.. figured what the heck and got it. I know from another users post on these forums that he was not able to get it to work.

However, enthusiasm seemed high that it COULD work, the user just didn't feel like that hassle. So tell me what I need to do to get this working. I'm all ears.

five

#2 Post by five »

Don't really know what I'm doing, but downloading these drivers was enough for me.

I just downloaded the drivers and fiddled around with connection manager and I was able to connect to the web wirelessly. Each time I reboot I have to go through the whole process again. I have seen some scripts and such posted. So I'm thinking maybe you have to write a script to get it to work on startup.

We'll see. I'll keep trying.

rjbrewer

#3 Post by rjbrewer »

Five

Try menu>system>boot manager>new module.
If module your card uses is in left column you can add it to boot; check for preferences also.

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs

five

#4 Post by five »

Using this thread as my guideline, I was able to write a script that would automatically remember the wireless.

Going the module route didn't seem to work.