How to control parallel port from Perl application?

Using applications, configuring, problems
yoram

How to control parallel port from Perl application?

#1 Post by yoram »

[color=blue]Hi,
Can some one help me configure puppy linux to communicate from within a perl application to the parallel port.
I am using device::parallelPort::drv::parport module, and compile it with perl2exe to have an exe file. it works fine on fedora 2 linux but when I transfer the exe file to puppy linux computer it stops with the massage
yoram

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

The perl language is available as a pupget (it is a Puppy add on)

start / setup / package manager
the program you aare using looks as if it is designed to run under 'wine' - perl2exe sounds as if it is creating a dos or windows binary

If this is the case then you will need to run wine too - I am not sure where that is available as a standalone Pup - it may be with MU (Mark Ulrich)

It is possible that what you are trying may be possible in some other way - but I am unaware of anyone programming their parrallel port (someone may know different) . . . wait a minute . . . the Puppy submarine people may know about this -

someone may help you with a link or contact - someone?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

yoram

#3 Post by yoram »

Thanks for the tips,
perl2exe works in linux (there is a version for windows too). It is working well on my puppy platform except for the communication to the parallel port (It is operating the Ethernet port for example) no need for wine emulation. That is why I think something is wrong in my configuration. Have you any idea?
yoram