Need To Adjust App Display Size

Using applications, configuring, problems
Mstar

Need To Adjust App Display Size

#1 Post by Mstar »

Running small version of Puppy 4.3 and it works great.

BUT, some applications, like pnethood, display larger than the screen and I cannot re-size them with the usual click and drag method.

So, can someone tell me how to change the size of the display window, or what determines the window size an application uses? It's a minor point that I'm sure is specific to this oddball screen, but it's annoying.

Search has turned up nothing pertinent.

Thanks
disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

Unfortunately these programs (or more importantly the dialogue tool they use) are just badly made in that respect.

See this for ways to move the windows up.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 60&t=46588

BTW, just to explain the cause, such programs are little shell scripts using gtkdialog to produce the gui, and gtkdialog doesn't automatically add scrollbars to resize a window. I'm not sure whether anyone currently knows how to add a scrollbar to a window like pnethood... but I think some of the other programs like petget only have a problem because they are calling gtkdialog with specific window dimensions, and they could be fixed. The reason they are different is because they are using different widgets.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER
Mstar

It Works

#3 Post by Mstar »

Thank you Disciple.

Not very elegant or convenient, but it does work and that solved my problem. Wish it was within my technical competence to fix this annoying little detail, but I'm a long, long way short of that.

Thanks again.