kernel sources

Using applications, configuring, problems
plaguedogs

kernel sources

#1 Post by plaguedogs »

im looking for an sfs for kernel 2.6.27.29.
can i just download the source from kernel.org and package it up in an sfs myself? of course ill have to make the right directory structure, and make a few sym links here and there, but is that it?
im not a kernel hacker so im unsure if this will work.

if someone replies fast, you might save me some time....but im going to try anyways. if i need to apply a patch to the source, i might be in over my head.

thanks in advance pd

-edit
i know its kind of a weird question, so ill giv you some background.
2.6.30.5 doesnt give me sound. ive posted this issue in other threads.
when 4.3 was released with 30.5, i used woof to make a puppy with 2.6.29.6. i used the kernel source sfs from puppylinux.com/sources.
it worked fine. i only need it for virtualbox to build its module. now im running spup. i built it myself and started a thread over in the 5.x section.
spup with the 30.5 and the source sfs work fine(except for no sound), i tried to build an spup with my trusty 2.6.29.6, but when i tried to get my virtualbox installed, the module failed to build itself. in var/log i found some clues that suggested to run make prepare && something else....long story short..it didnt work. then i got the bright idea to get the sources from kernel.org rebuild the sfs. i got the same error.
im just looking for a clue, or a push in the right direction. why would the sfs from puppylinux.com work on my puppy built pup, but not on my slackware built pup?
Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D