How to get messed up sound card settings back to normal

Booting, installing, newbie
noriegafam

How to get messed up sound card settings back to normal

#1 Post by noriegafam »

Hello there, this is my story. I am using puppy 431 and everything was working fine with my sound card until I accidentally click the wrong button in the setup window. All I did was to cancel the ALSA configuration utility and after that I have not been able to get any sound back. It was working just fine. I am wondering if there is a way to make the settings go back as they were at the first boot up. I just can't start from scratch because I already added more programs and my pupsave.2sf file has a lot of info I just cannot afford to loose.

I did a lot of reading using google, but no luck so far. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Multimedia-
Audio Adapter : ICH - Intel 82801AA-ICH

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF version 1.0.20 ---
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

noriegafam

Messed up settings

#2 Post by noriegafam »

Thanks johnjudd for your reply. But, I guess I did not explain very well may self. What I did was this: I first click on the icon that says setup which is on the desktop and that opened up the Puppy Setup Window. Then, wanting to click the Setup X video option, I clicked the Setup ALSA sound which brought up the ALSA sound wizard, was after trying to get out of that wizard without making any changes that my audio was gone. As I mentioned in the previous post, it was working just fine, further more, if I reboot the computer without using my pupsave file then everything works normal. So, I don't see why I should mess with the physical sound card. The problem is I need to use my pupsave which I think it is holding different settings, therefore, I get not audio when I boot up using it.

I hope this will give a better picture of what my problem is. If I just could be able to save the configuration of a new pupsave file into my old pupsave file without loosing anything then I will be good to go.

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction in solving this.
Thank you.

P.S. I don't know what you mean by "use control panel and reinstall you sound driver" does puppy has such a thing like control panel and if so, where?

jemimah

#3 Post by jemimah »

Have you tried re-running the alsa wizard without canceling it?

lenistamx

i'm too

#4 Post by lenistamx »

I have problems with the sound cad too
, i'm installing the next libraries
zlib-1.2.3
gcc-4.2.2-1
glibc-2.6.1-1
gtk+-2.14.7-1-p4
gtk+_DEV-2.14.7-1-p4
qt4-4.3.4
libQt3Support.so.4
an the result is this

help me please!!!

noriegafam

#5 Post by noriegafam »

jemimah wrote:Have you tried re-running the alsa wizard without canceling it?
yes, several times