Will the Save icon on the desktop save all my changes?

Using applications, configuring, problems
jombo

Will the Save icon on the desktop save all my changes?

#1 Post by jombo »

i have a crippled laptop here i been running puppies-431.1 on for a couple weeks. the laptop has no hdd in it till i get parts in the mail. i saved my setup once a usb stick and when i rebooted puppy it appeared to load all my settings correctly. i haved toyed with puppy versions for years and i really like this puppies-431.1 its great with firefox working and all.

and there is a save icon on the desktop now. my question is. if i click save and it says its saving ram to file will i have all the goodies i have added/changed when i reboot again?

prolly a dumb question but i have installed and changed lots and hate to lose it when i off the lappy to install the drive. i intend to install puppy on the drive once i get it in here.
thanks for any answers/suggestions

craftybear

Re: save icon on desktop

#2 Post by craftybear »

jombo wrote:and there is a save icon on the desktop now. my question is. if i click save and it says its saving ram to file will i have all the goodies i have added/changed when i reboot again?
Yes. Because you are saving to a flash drive/ USB stick, Puppy limits saves to every 30 minutes or so to ease the load on your media. If you want to shut down in between these scheduled saves, the SAVE button on your desktop lets you force an immediate save of your configuration to your pup_save file so you don't lose what you've changed between timed saves. Pressing the button is a good habit to get into in those circumstances.
I CARE ... I just don't care about you!

jombo

#3 Post by jombo »

thanks craftybear
so it does it on its own also. i thought i seen it doing it 1 day. thats cool.
right now this dell is really crippled. a bad display and no hdd. display and the adaptor to install my hdd is on the way. this is a good sucker to run puppy on once i get the junk to fix it.

i have tried so many versions of the pup in last 4 years waiting for a build that recognized the broadcom wireless cards in these dells. 4.31 did no problem. i was messing with live nix on this thing testing to see if it was worth the 25 bux to get display and thought id test puppy 4.31. firefox was not working so here i am with puppies-431.1 and i love it.
as good as it runs from cd with the flash save really dont need installed.