4.3.1 icons, text too large on 1200 x 780 screen

Booting, installing, newbie
menno

4.3.1 icons, text too large on 1200 x 780 screen

#1 Post by menno »

I running puppy 431 on a screen of 1200x780 .
All the icons and text font are so large .
Is there a way to change them all ?

paulh

#2 Post by paulh »

The screen font size can be changed easily. Click on the menu button in the lower left corner of the desktop and go to Desktop/Select global font size. Click on the button marked 60, which is the smallest font size. The size does not change until the computer is rebooted.

I do not know of any easy way to decrease the icons' size. If you feel really strongly about the size, I suppose you could resize them in a paint program. They are located in subdirectories of the usr/local/lib/X11 directory.

disciple

#3 Post by disciple »

I do not know of any easy way to decrease the icons' size. If you feel really strongly about the size, I suppose you could resize them in a paint program. They are located in subdirectories of the usr/local/lib/X11 directory.
This is referring to the pinboard (~desktop) icons of course.
The size does not change until the computer is rebooted.
You can just restart X instead of rebooting.
Last edited by disciple on Sat 21 Nov 2009, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

paulh

#4 Post by paulh »

Forgot to write that this info is from my Puppy 4.21 full install. I expect that it is the same in Puppy 4.31, though.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#5 Post by Flash »

It sounds like you have the wrong video resolution for your display. Have you tried to fix it with the X video wizard? (The Setup icon on your desktop.)

Also, see if one of these updated video drivers is appropriate for your computer. If it is, install it then re-run the X video wizard. That might fix your problem.