I can't shutdown my computer (Puppy 4.3) [RESOLVED]

Booting, installing, newbie
jpmtrax

I can't shutdown my computer (Puppy 4.3) [RESOLVED]

#1 Post by jpmtrax »

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my bad english, i'm french.

i've got a small problem on my computer which runs under Puppy 4.3. It's a HD installation. No windows system, only puppy. My computer is an old Celeron 533 Mhz processor with two harddiscs, one of 4 gbytes for the system, and one of 10 gbytes for the datas. I have 256Mo SDRam 100 Mhz. Everythings works well except power off.

Recently i tried to rip a dvd but i had to restart my computer with the reset button because the computer was blocked, the xserver was frozen.

Then my computer restarts but i had to reconfigure xorg. after that i had to reboot again and then the desktop started.

Very good, but when i want to power off my computer, when i click on "power-off computer" in the "shutdown menu", it doesn't work any more. the only way i found to shutdown properly is to type poweroff in a terminal.

i tried to edit the ./jwmrc file in the root menu, by replacing the wmpoweroff command by the poweroff command, but it doesn't work. So i put again wmpoweroff instead of poweroff.

I also type jwm -p in a terminal in order to see if there was anything wrong in the ./jwmrc file, but there's nothing wrong.

Any ideas ? Must i check my hard disc ? Can i do it when puppy is started ?

Thanks for your answers
Last edited by jpmtrax on Sun 24 Jan 2010, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

pri

#2 Post by pri »

look like problem with wm reboot and wm power off

try install this pet and then try using menu shutdown. always work for me
Attachments
newpower.pet
wmreboot, wmpoweroff and restartwm
(926 Bytes) Downloaded 238 times
Learning by Doing

jpmtrax

#3 Post by jpmtrax »

okay thanks for the answer i will try that and let you know if it works. But i don't understand why i can't shutdown properly anymore, it was working well before that my computer crashed..

jpmtrax

#4 Post by jpmtrax »

:D GREAT !!

it works perfectly ! Thanks a lot !!

but i don't understand why it happened :?:

does puppy check the file system regulary as i can see on my xubuntu computer some times ?

pri

#5 Post by pri »

it happen to me too when using regular puppy.

that wmreboot, wmpoweroff and restartwm, i took from other puppy

i am happy it can be work :)
Learning by Doing