Watchdog v2 now available.

Using applications, configuring, problems
shocksystems

#21 Post by shocksystems »

Flash wrote:I don't get it. The only link in the original post is to a page with links to download versions 1 and 1.1. Where can I download version 2?

Edit: Ok, I figured out that if I changed the 1.1 at the end of this URL to a 2, that would download version 2. Why not edit the Watchdog webpage to add a direct link to version 2?
Flash: Are you running Watchdog V2? Thanks in advance. Jim

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#22 Post by Flash »

No. I downloaded it and burned it to a DVD+RW but it refused to boot or something, I forget what. I gave up because I don't have a camera any more. :(

mrd

Anyone home....

#23 Post by mrd »

Any chance of a new version of puppy + zoneminder???

Please...pretty please....

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#24 Post by Flash »

Hushpuppy hasn't been to the forum for a long, long time. I think you're wasting your time unless someone will take it up where hushpuppy left it. :(

hushpuppy

#25 Post by hushpuppy »

Actually i have :lol: , posted a question yesterday, messed it up somehow, then it got deleted. :oops:

To answer the Op's question, yes, i intend an updated version, it will be puppy based.

My recent time has been spent moving home and developing some EPOS software in flash, i now have this and watchdog running off the same live CD, but it's only used by my company internally.

I'm about to start developing a new watchdog system, but for various reasons i prefer it to be debian based, therefore am about to post a new message about debian.

Is there anyone actually using the original watchdog, if so, do you have any problems with it ?.

hushpuppy

#26 Post by hushpuppy »

Now made a new post
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=30136

Version 2 will be Debian based, please use version 1.1 until then, i will correct the web page tonight.

mrd

#27 Post by mrd »

I can't recall any issues I had with the original version other than it not identifying my capture card correctly (which was more of an issue with that kernel I guess), but I would hope that a new version would use the latest zoneminder and support all of it's functionality, including the stuff that requires ffmpeg (like swf streaming). I'll try some tests with your old version this week and see if there are any other things that didn't quite work for me.

Anything else I can do to help with this, please let me know.

Thanks!
Michael

koolie

#28 Post by koolie »

I had been trying to get ZoneMinder working on Mandriva prior to you releasing Watchdog.
I eagerly tried Watchdog 1.1 and, after overcoming some minor glitches, got it working OK. (I cant remember what the glitches were)
In the meantime I had bought a 4channel DVR and cameras, and was in the midst of setting that up.
That is the system that I am running now, but am more than just a little interested in a new Watchdog.

I'll be following this with interest.

BTW, I have had a play with SliTaz previously and it seems to have great potential.

sureshsarat

ZM not working when installed to hard disk

#29 Post by sureshsarat »

I burnt a Live CD from the download. The BTTV card (pinnacle 50i) was detected and I could find ZM working. But the same does not when I install into the harddisk and try to use ZM. I tried setting directory rights to the apache2/images folder but still not able to get it. Can somebody help

muggins

#30 Post by muggins »

sureshsarat,

I've never used the app myself, but until someone knowledgeable comes along with an answer, what response do you get if you try running zoneminder from the commandline?

sureshsarat

zm not working when booting puppylinux from HDD

#31 Post by sureshsarat »

ZM Works when booting from LiveCD (watchdog). Whereas when I installed the same on to hard disk (using unversal installer. I first created a seperate ext3 partition and swap partition, then installed. Also installed grub loader since even xp exists). when I checked messages I saw that the shared memory being reported as file does not exist and also shared memory invalid. Latter I even tried using echo to increase the values in shmall and shmmax to no use. Though the sysctl file in proc/sys/kernel has higher values, the shmax and shmall has lower values. As seen elsewhere in this forum, I also changed permission for the apache2/.. / images directory.
CAN SOME ONE PLS CLARIFY

ninoid

#32 Post by ninoid »

Boot stop with message "user@debian" ?
What now?

ninoid

#33 Post by ninoid »

Root password?

bondenesn

yes Ivé got the same

#34 Post by bondenesn »

I Downloaded wd2.iso today and tried it as a live cd but it halted at "user@debian:$" and i cannot get any further pls help.
I cannot find any readme file or faq with any answer!

PLS!!

DrummerBoy

Problem with Puppy, Watchdog v2

#35 Post by DrummerBoy »

Hi I am relatively new to Linux (very impressed with the helpful communities and the performance and security of Linux), having just replaced a couple of ageing XP machines.

I have another XP machine which is currently running Pico2000 and I am really keen to replace this with a Linux based CCTV system. Watchdog looks like a really good option.

I have downloaded Watchdog v2 from Burgerbar and when run as a LiveCD I also am stuck at the "user@debian:$".

Please could anyone advise how to activate Watchdog from here? I have also looked for readme and faq and have been unable to locate anything related to this.

Really appreciate your help, many thanks.

DrummerBoy

Sorted using Debian 5

#36 Post by DrummerBoy »

Well, since my last post I haven't given up on ZoneMinder and have now been able to get this up and running (I must say ZoneMinder is extremely capable).

How?
well I had to give up on Puppy/ Watchdog as i couldn't sort the earlier problem. On some more searching around I found some great install notes for Debian 5.

Please see http://www.rmacd.com/howto/zoneminder-d ... nstall.php (thanks Ronald MacDonald for really clear notes).

Just what I was looking for. I hope this helps others to get ZoneMinder running. Shame it didn't work out on puppy/ Watchdog this time.

papick70

Re: Watchdog v2 now available.

#37 Post by papick70 »

hushpuppy wrote:Please download from http://www.doubleburgerbar.com/watchdog/.
Server Error
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. :cry:

If you have iso - Give it to me please

ps. sorry for my English

dancytron

#38 Post by dancytron »

I am putting what I believe to be watch dog 2 on drop box. Will add the link when the upload is done. I will leave it up about a week.

I also have something called warywatcher511. I am not sure of the difference.

Dan

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/813 ... uppyd2.iso

CatDude

#39 Post by CatDude »

Hi
dancytron wrote:..I also have something called warywatcher511. I am not sure of the difference.
IIRC the original watchdog v1 was based on Puppy-2.16
watchdog v2 is based on Debian (i don't think i ever got that to work)
and Warywatcher511 (which i put together) is based on Wary-5.11

CatDude
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]

papick70

#40 Post by papick70 »