Kernal panic

Using applications, configuring, problems
TJK

Kernal panic

#1 Post by TJK »

I've tried everything to eliminate the kernel panic that I get when I boot puppy, but each time I get the error message -- right after "performing a switch root to the...".
I've tried:
- deleting (renaming) all the .sfs and 3fs files
- using different puppies: 5.01, fat64, macpup
- starting puppy with pfix=purge, ram

Nothing has worked. What else can I try?

davids45

#2 Post by davids45 »

G'day,

Your post is a bit short on background details - your type of computer and set-up? Puppy already installed? If so, full or frugal? Problem is new or Puppy has never run on your computer? What OS is running OK on the computer? Can you otherwise burn good disks? Or are you booting from a USB?

I've had kernel panics only with live CDs or DVDs - when the CD or DVD was faulty, the CD/DVD drive was faulty, or the download of the iso was faulty (check the checksum).

So I'd try a different computer if you can with your Live disks, a different batch of CDs or DVDs, or a different burner for your disks.

Good luck,

David S.

Makoto

#3 Post by Makoto »

You might also try one of the Retro versions of the version of Puppy you're trying to use, if available.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).