Is there a newer chubby puppy than 1.0.4?

Booting, installing, newbie
ezysetup

Is there a newer chubby puppy than 1.0.4?

#1 Post by ezysetup »

I have a chubby puppy disk that I made quite awhile ago. It is version 1.0.4. I was wanting to check if there was a newer version out, but for the life of me, I can't find where to get it.

Where is it hosted now?

Thanks,
Andrew

Lobster
Official Crustacean

megapuppy

#2 Post by Lobster »

There is megapuppy but probably 1.08r1 and then just install OO (it comes with an auto installer) would be as good - or maybe someone will create and host?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

BarryK
Puppy Master

#3 Post by BarryK »

yes, you can install OO PupGet package, then remaster the CD.
Puppy2 alpha has a brand spanking new remaster-CD program that should handle that very nicely -- no one has tested it yet!
You will need enough room to install OO though -- on first boot puppy2 runs totally in ram, so if you installed OO your PC would need heaps of ram or have a Linux swap partition. Or, if you save the first session, a 512M pup_save.3fs file will get created on the h.d. (or flash drive) and on next boot you can install OO.
Then run the remaster-CD program and OO will get compressed into the pup_xxx.sfs squashfs file on the CD.
...but as I say, I wrote it, did some minimal testing myself.

And of course 1.0.8r1 has a selection of remaster progs.

ezysetup

#4 Post by ezysetup »

Thanks. It looks like I'll have to do a little reading first (on PupGet, pup_save.3fs file, and the like). My time is very limited right now, so I was hoping for an iso image already made from which I could then create a bootable 512mb flashpuppy. I'll get to it sometime.

Thanks again,
Andrew

Davey

#5 Post by Davey »

Is there an OO2.x dotpup file anywhere? I'm trying to install Puppy on a friend's old computer. She needs OO2 in order to be able to open a ton of WordPerfect files. If not, is one in the works?

If not, would installing OO directly allow me to remaster a CD that knows about OO? Speaking of which, I was looking for docs re the Alpha2, especially the new remaster app. Is there anything so far?