[solved] how do I run OpenOffice from sfs file

Booting, installing, newbie
bwh1969

[solved] how do I run OpenOffice from sfs file

#1 Post by bwh1969 »

I have some experience with Slax and DSL.

I am running pupEEE 4.2 on my EEEPC 701 and I want OpenOffice. I have tried various "pets" for OpenOffice and the latest one works initially, but one I reboot, I have to uninstall it and reinstall it (I checked /usr/bin and all the links to the program exist but are broken until I do this). Older versions give me errors that libraries are missing.

I have the sfs version, but when I click it, it just mounts but the folder that opens up is just the contents of the sfs and it is seemingly not overlaid to the filesystem.

I am sure I am doing something wrong b/c I am unfamiliar with the OS.
Last edited by bwh1969 on Tue 26 Oct 2010, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
shadow of viper`

#2 Post by shadow of viper` »

Hello,

I am assuming you have the sfs of the latest Openoffice

i am using 3.2.1

once the sfs is mounted, go to /opt/openoffice.org3/program within the mounted sfs

there you can find the programs - swriter (word processor), scalc (spreadsheet) etc...

hope this helps...

:)
Last edited by shadow of viper` on Tue 26 Oct 2010, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
shadow of viper`

#3 Post by shadow of viper` »

i myself am new to linux and puppy...
in my excitement to be of a little help, i posted a reply probably a little too soon...

now, on second thoughts, i begin to feel i dint quite understand your problem. If you donot see the /opt directory within the mounted sfs, then i guess you will have to wait until someone else with more experience can help :)
bwh1969

#4 Post by bwh1969 »

I figured it out: i had to add the sfs to the list with the boot manager.