Some simple questions about ROX 2.4.1

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
SamSung

Some simple questions about ROX 2.4.1

#1 Post by SamSung »

I feel rather bad about asking these questions as I know that the answers are in the forum and indeed I have read so many of the answers and advice given that I am confused, so please bear with me.

System Puppy 1.07 Rox 2.4.1 (I think, . . . it is anyway the latest)

1. How can I stop rox from managing the desktop background. I want to use the ICEWM Control Panel to do so. I have the ICEWMCP installed. BUT cannot stop ROX from setting the background.

2. How can I change the ROX toolbar icons ie where do I put the new icons

3. How do I change the look of the ICONS in ROX ie where do they go. REMEMBERING that this is NOT the default ROX that Puppy came with.

4. How do I get the Bin Icon back on the desktop, as I deleted it. (Yeah I know tell me about it)

Ok so as you can see not particularly exciting questions, but my head hurts from all the stuff I have read on these topics not only on this forum but the apps home pages as well.

Thanks for reading this far.

Cheers

Sam

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#2 Post by GuestToo »

1) i don't think you can ... Rox 2.4.1 controls the desktop background and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off

3) mime-types icons would go in /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-icons ... also, look in /root/my-roxapps/ROX-Filer/images and /root/my-roxapps/ROX-Filer/ROX/MIME

4) if you mean the Trash Bin, look in /usr/local/apps ... just drag the Trash icon to the desktop

MU

#3 Post by MU »

The background is integral part of Rox 2.4, it can definatly NOT be removed, even not by hacking the sources (I tried it for Puppy 109).
This is the reason, why we stay with Rox 1.2 in Puppy, as this affects several applications like Torsmo, too.

You can use my backgroundsetter for it:
http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?p=46753#46753
http://www.murga.org/~puppy/viewtopic.php?p=47032#47032

3.)You can drag a picture on a folder lying on your desktop.
Then it will give you the option, to display all folders with this picture.

Mark