Move wireless settings from new pupsave to the old pupsave

Using applications, configuring, problems
kattman

Move wireless settings from new pupsave to the old pupsave

#1 Post by kattman »

after hours of trying to get a Alfa AWUS036H usb wifi adapter working with with the RTL8187 driver and/or using Ndiswraper I gave up! For some resion I cannot get the Rtl8187 driver blacklisted. it always gets loaded agin.
I have it running now after booting with Pfix=ram ,and making a new pupsave, But i like to move the new net settings to my original pupsave so i dont have to recreate my puppy from start.

Help if at all possable!
Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

Do you remember how you got it working with your new pupsave file as there might be settings in your old save file that you will need to delete.

What you need to know is where the files that got it working go and have a look at the directories they go in and compare them to the old save file directories.

You also need to know what the original directories contained so you can at least rename any suspect files in the old save file and see if the changes from the new save file work in the old save file.

This way you can restore the files if they are needed without deleting them.

If this sounds a bit complicated it probably is but as you got it working you should be able to work out how to do what you are trying to do, it might just take a bit of time,

So saying, someone will probably post a solution just as I add this. :-)