Position Seamonkey???

Using applications, configuring, problems
DaveS

Position Seamonkey???

#1 Post by DaveS »

Is there a way to force Seamonkey to load at a given position and size on the screen? Google comes up with very little useful. I can use a 'geometry' command with Gnumeric, but this fails to work with Seamonkey
Using JWM.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!
Jasper

#2 Post by Jasper »

Hi,

I don't use Seamonkey, but you could try a combination of resize and move and see if it's persistent for your current session and on a reboot.

Try clicking the icon at the top left corner of Seamonkey or right click on its tray position to find the commands.

My regards
DaveS

#3 Post by DaveS »

Jasper wrote:Hi,

I don't use Seamonkey, but you could try a combination of resize and move and see if it's persistent for your current session and on a reboot.

Try clicking the icon at the top left corner of Seamonkey or right click on its tray position to find the commands.

My regards
Thanks, but no go :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!
Bernie_by_the_Sea

#4 Post by Bernie_by_the_Sea »

This is not precisely what you requested but these bookmarklets can do quite a number of things with one click including resizing and repositioning the SeaMonkey window to presets.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/resize-fir ... okmarklet/

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/firefox-re ... sitioning/

Two things before using these:

1. In Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Scripts & Plugins check the move or resize box and check the raise or lower windows box.

2. Use only when your browser is not maximized. If you try to use one of these on a maximized window, it tends to freeze. You can get out of the freeze by clicking the max button in the upper right.

There are some addons for Firefox/SeaMonkey to size and position but they are not as versatile as this little trick.
Attachments
resize_browser.png
(60.06 KiB) Downloaded 405 times