Getting Wireless to stay on [Solved]

Using applications, configuring, problems
keithcleaver

Getting Wireless to stay on [Solved]

#1 Post by keithcleaver »

Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm a returning user. I used Puppy around the end of the 2.x days, and loved the experience, but then moved onto several other Linuxes before settling at Ubuntu on my main PC (why I was compelled to do that, I'll never know...).

I've owned a EeePC for about three years now, and most of the time I was running Windoze XP (to my shame), as I didn't get on well with the Ubuntu Netbook Remixes. Came across the Pupeee site two days ago, and downloaded it, and have loved the experience ever since!

I just have a slight issue, in that my internet gets turned off whenever I shut the computer down and I have to manually re-enable it every time I start the computer. Does anyone know if there's a way to keep it on all the time?

Thanks!
Last edited by keithcleaver on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Ian
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Ian »

What is your wireless setup and how do you have Puppy installed.

I have an EEEPC 701SD and a wireless access point to my network and have no problems. I am using pupeee 431.

When you say you have to ' manually re-enable it' do you mean the wireless settings on the machine or the actual internet connection.
keithcleaver

#3 Post by keithcleaver »

Ian, I've got PupEee 1.0 (which apparently is based on Puppy 4.31) on a full install of my 4GB EeePC.

As for my internet connection, it's a Wireless Network connection to my home router, which I initially setup via Pwireless2. When I shutdown, regardless of whether I have the internet connection turned on or not at shutdown, I always have to press Fn & F2 to turn it back on every time I boot up.
Ian
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Ian »

I set the wireless up in mine using the Network setup tool.
keithcleaver

#5 Post by keithcleaver »

Ok, I'll try it that way.

Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: That worked. I had to go through the route of re-installing the system all over again (but I didn't mind having to do that, good learning experience). Thanks Ian!