Would the moderator care to explain the censorship?

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
shariebeth

#61 Post by shariebeth »

linuxcbon wrote:I think the forum should remove from now the "Off-Topic Area" because too many people are abusing it. Let's talk only about puppy here.
Define "abusing it".

I see people talking about what is going on in the world around them. Like it or not, this stuff happens. Sticking one's head in the sand doesn't make it go away. It seems to me that people posting in "Off Topic" enjoy discussing world events with other intelligent Puppy users they have found a common bond with.
MonteTwoShots

#62 Post by MonteTwoShots »

Abusing an off-topic area? I believe we are off-topic. We are discussing censorship vs. freedom of speech in this thread. The moderators are, of course, free to answer or not. Actually the posts here seem quite on the topic of the thread. Personally I believe discussion threads such as this one are the best hope of retaining the freedoms we have on the internet. Kudos to the management for allowing such open discussion! :D
tlchost

#63 Post by tlchost »

linuxcbon wrote:I think the forum should remove from now the "Off-Topic Area" because too many people are abusing it. Let's talk only about puppy here.
But to do that would prevent some of the well-minded, kind spirited jibes against Windows(spelled correctly), Microsoft, Google, capitalism and various governments.

It might be a great loss to the community to miss those types of posts.

I really don't think you will see the area removed....it is there by design to allow unacceptable behavior to be accepted as it agrees with certain agendas.
shariebeth

#64 Post by shariebeth »

tlchost wrote: I really don't think you will see the area removed....it is there by design to allow unacceptable behavior to be accepted as it agrees with certain agendas.
I respectfully disagree that behavior is limited to Off Topic. I also don't believe that an Off Topic section promotes or encourages it.

I stand by my observations that it is rampant throughout these forums and people-specific rather than topic-specific.
nooby

#65 Post by nooby »

tlchost wrote:...
I really don't think you will see the area removed....it is there by design to allow unacceptable behavior to be accepted as it agrees with certain agendas.
Thom there is censor and there is obfuscation? Or talking deliberly (sorry spelling error on that word. delibraly using words that is in some personal code. implicit or "understood" code for those who knows what you talk about.

Maybe you mean that John accept that some people say things and when others say things that you thing is on same level then it is not allowed.

Being favored or not being favored? Sure we can be disappointed and
express we don't like that but he is the owner and he do as he please.

I would prefer you guys took that up over landline phone or over puppy phone or something and had a talk to him about it or kept it in PM to him.

I don't find it proper that you talk in such confusing words to us who have no way of knowing what on earth you refers to. Either straight talk or no talk at all.

These reading between lines and such gives too much to our imagination to fill in.

I guess I am out of here and try to find Dpup and have a friendly chat with him.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though
beguiled

#66 Post by beguiled »

Complaints about censorship here are a pissing in the wind issue. Stop bitching because it ain’t never going to improve.
nooby

#67 Post by nooby »

beguiled wrote:Complaints about censorship here are a pissing in the wind issue. Stop bitching because it ain’t never going to improve.
You have only two posts. So how can you know?

you have been lurking for how many years and suddenly you have to say something that definitive? Nah I am skeptical. Give me links and citations that show you know what you talk about.
MonteTwoShots

#68 Post by MonteTwoShots »

Nooby what links or citations can be given to deleted posts. By the very nature of a deleted post it cannot be cited. I have also lurked here for a long season without comment until now. The censorship is unfortunate but obvious. I am greatly pleased to see the moderators allow this thread to continue. :D Freedom on the internet is IMO vital. If someone or some topic offends us we need not read or reply to it.
beguiled

#69 Post by beguiled »

nooby wrote:
beguiled wrote:Complaints about censorship here are a pissing in the wind issue. Stop bitching because it ain’t never going to improve.
You have only two posts. So how can you know?

you have been lurking for how many years and suddenly you have to say something that definitive? Nah I am skeptical. Give me links and citations that show you know what you talk about.
My opinion is as good as yours is any day of the week fanboy.
tlchost

#70 Post by tlchost »

shariebeth wrote:
tlchost wrote: I really don't think you will see the area removed....it is there by design to allow unacceptable behavior to be accepted as it agrees with certain agendas.
I respectfully disagree that behavior is limited to Off Topic. I also don't believe that an Off Topic section promotes or encourages it.
I never said the behavior was limited to the Off-Topic area....my point was that the Off-Topic area allows the otherwise unaccpetable behavior to be condoned.
I stand by my observations that it is rampant throughout these forums and people-specific rather than topic-specific.
Yep....and the Off-Topic area offers a home for the impolite bigots.
tlchost

#71 Post by tlchost »

nooby wrote: I don't find it proper that you talk in such confusing words to us who have no way of knowing what on earth you refers to. Either straight talk or no talk at all.
My talk is very straight. I can noit control your lack of understanding.
beguiled

#72 Post by beguiled »

tlchost
You might think twice about messing with the forum mascot.
nooby

#73 Post by nooby »

MonteTwoShots wrote:Nooby what links or citations can be given to deleted posts. By the very nature of a deleted post it cannot be cited. I have also lurked here for a long season without comment until now. The censorship is unfortunate but obvious. I am greatly pleased to see the moderators allow this thread to continue. :D Freedom on the internet is IMO vital. If someone or some topic offends us we need not read or reply to it.
I am all for this "Freedom on the internet is IMO vital."

Very vital. I am actually worried about the restrictions European Union set up set up now and then.

Edit
Let me explain

quote Nooby what links or citations can be given to deleted posts. /quote

I mean the posts and threads that are allowed and that those who get censored feel should also be censored or none should be. The fait treatment complaint.

As I get you and others complain about that some of you get censored and then some "faved" person writing in same style don't get censored.

These posts and threads remain. Them one can link to. To show what is seen as not proper when one person do it and what get allowed when the faved person do it.
Last edited by nooby on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 17:00, edited 2 times in total.
nooby

#74 Post by nooby »

beguiled wrote:tlchost
That was funny.
James C

#75 Post by James C »

nooby wrote:
beguiled wrote:tlchost
That was funny.
Sockpuppets can be funny too. :lol:
nooby

#76 Post by nooby »

Sockpuppets. Yes I have heard about them. :)
beguiled

#77 Post by beguiled »

nooby
Glad you liked it.

James C
What's wrong with sockpuppets? How else would I defeat Internet censorship?
nooby

#78 Post by nooby »

Should I trust that you are Jonyo then?
nooby

#79 Post by nooby »

Now that we have some 70 posts or something.

Have we accomplished anything. What is there to do now?
I mean this can go on forever. You guys must love these threads.
beguiled

#80 Post by beguiled »

nooby
Whatever floats your boat. Who's jonyo?