X quit working in Lupu 525

Please post any bugs you have found
spkslayer

X quit working in Lupu 525

#1 Post by spkslayer »

I was using my computer thats running lupu 525 and out of nowhere a bunch of blank windows covered my screen and the screen went black and went to something like the start up and said Exited from X. i try and try to get back on and even from a dead shutdown it wont go. It will act like is is by when i startup it shows the black mouse curser and goes black again and takes me where it says Exited from X. It tells me in red words "If X fails to start type in command xorgwizard" but when I do that I still cant get X to work and it says Exited from X again. Please help I love puppy linux and now I cant use it.
Apple is what broke the Windows, but Linux is what took the bite out of the Apple.
pacer106

#2 Post by pacer106 »

I am no puppy expert. You might try runnin from cd with puppy pfix=ram to see if it will boot up as if you were starting fresh.

You might also try some of the other boot options. There are a couple for fixing a corrupted save file. I believe 1 of them is pfix=purge its mainly used for updating i believe. when puppy starts up from cd press F2 to get into the extra boot options. I am sure a more experianced puppy user will suggest some more options soon :)
spkslayer

#3 Post by spkslayer »

The thing is the guy who gave the computer to me moved and I dont know how to get a hold of him. And he never gave me the CD. So I stuck. I have tryed almost everything I could find online on how to fix it. Do you know where I can download a new CD for Lucid Puppy 5.25.
Also I downloaded lupu 528 but how do I burn it to a CD right? And if I can how can I install it?
Apple is what broke the Windows, but Linux is what took the bite out of the Apple.
pacer106

#4 Post by pacer106 »

Here is the link to the lucid 5.25 thread which has the download you are looking for.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=65136

Are you currently on windoze? If so then you can download imgburn which is pretty decent & its free. Google imgburn & you will find it im sure.

A bit of info is really needed in order to get you more help. What OS are you running?

If you are not familiar with burning a cd i can post some simple instructions for burning with imgburn if you are on windoze.

For future posts i would suggest giving as much info as possible so we can all help as quickly as possible :) best of luck :)
spkslayer

#5 Post by spkslayer »

On the computer that has puppy on it Im running nothing couse puppy is the only OS on it. The other computer that I downloaded lupu528 on is a MAC. And when I downloaded the lupu 528 it came with the iso life and a file called CD ROM and it has other files in it I think Ill try to burn that first and if that not work find out how to burn an iso with MAC
pacer106

#6 Post by pacer106 »

I personally have never used a mac computer so can not help you there much.

I am sure there are other members with the info you are looking for & will be along to help soon enough.
spkslayer

#7 Post by spkslayer »

Im just bummed out I really love puppy linux and I just got it looking the way I wanted. Thanks for your help though. Now I know were to get 525 if I cant use 528
pacer106

#8 Post by pacer106 »

I know the feeling I have had something like this happen a few times to me.

I did learn how to do a remaster of the cd once I get my puppy setup how i like it. Then I burn that to cd so it is always how I like it if it gets messed up again. (I try too hard to be like the pro puppy members & end up breaking puppy sometimes :( )
spkslayer

#9 Post by spkslayer »

How can I make a remaster cd after I reinstall puppy
pacer106

#10 Post by pacer106 »

In the programs menu under setup you should see the remaster puppy cd option. Click on that & it will run the remaster wizard & walk you through it.

You might check out http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html
Just about anything can be found with a little searching :)
spkslayer

#11 Post by spkslayer »

Cool thanks. I went ahead and burned the lupu 528 and installed it and worked perfectly thanks. I really wouldn't have done it without your help thanks.
pacer106

#12 Post by pacer106 »

No problem always glad to help a fellow puppy fan in need :)