How do I config. touchpad mouse

Booting, installing, newbie
pelokwin

How do I config. touchpad mouse

#1 Post by pelokwin »

Hi all,
I am running puppy 2 on a gateway solo with a touchpad mouse. the mouse works ok. The mouse wizard reads it as PS/2 mouse. My problem is I can't seem to find a way to change the sensitivity of the pad. I keep opening and closing stuff while just moving from top to bottom and side to side
any one have any ideas?
thank you,
pelokwin
I'm just a passing thought in this world
kirk

#2 Post by kirk »

pelokwin

#3 Post by pelokwin »

Hi kirk,
Thank you for your help. believe it or not I was useing Xvesa, but as soon as I went to xorg my synaptics touch pad worked great.
thanks,
pelokwin
giiba

#4 Post by giiba »

You asked just the question I came to ask. It works, but now I'm trying to get a frontend going for the driver. So far I have been completely unsuccessful with qsynaptic and flSynclient. Do you use a particular program or is there documentation somewhere for how to set the driver?

My touchpad is circular so I want my circular scrolling back, but I do not understand the .config file.
pelokwin

#5 Post by pelokwin »

giiba,
I had a scroll opption with my touch pad but I never found a way to make it work although I did not have to use the driver that kirk suggested. but if I fimd anything I will let you know
giiba

#6 Post by giiba »

Well with the .pup installed and x restarted, I have scrolling. it just works kinda funky with the non-standard pad...

I ripped all of the libraries (I think) from Kanotix to my HD so hpoefully the libraries I need to compile will be there. Google has proven uneffective for finding downloads. But I won't have time untill later tonight.
giiba

#7 Post by giiba »

Well, after much frustration with compiling... these things seem to have a will of their own, ie. they don't want to be complied. Whatever... I don't need them for basic functionality. A little searching on goolge turned up:

http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man5/synaptics.5.html

which is the man page for the driver. Just open your "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" file and find the section with the appropriate statements. Fidgeting was all it took, but it is slow because you need to resart X to apply changes.

good luck
pelokwin

#8 Post by pelokwin »

I have a habit of messing up a good thing when I get greedy. The mouse works so I am not going to push it but if or when I do (and I most likely will) thank you for the info
pelokwin